Public Restrooms in Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Old San Juan

Beukeboom

My wife and I will be on a cruise soon with stops in St. Maarten and Puerto Rico. We are not going on any excursions at either port and just plan on walking about. My wife is concerned about finding a public restroom either in general or in a restaurant. We need advice and information on where there are restrooms near the Boardwalk and Front Street in Philipsburg (which is where we will be mostly) and also in Old San Juan. I expect most restaurants in Old San Juan would have public restrooms and I would make some sort of purchase (drinks and an appetizer most likely) prior to using it. Am I correct to assume that most restaurants around the Boardwalk and Front St. in Philipsburg have restrooms available for customers? Are there some that require a fee (coin operated)?

Also are there public restrooms in both locations that are not in a business?

40 minutes ago, Beukeboom said:

My wife and I will be on a cruise soon with stops in St. Maarten and Puerto Rico. We are not going on any excursions at either port and just plan on walking about. My wife is concerned about finding a public restroom either in general or in a restaurant. We need advice and information on where there are restrooms near the Boardwalk and Front Street in Philipsburg (which is where we will be mostly) and also in Old San Juan. I expect most restaurants in Old San Juan would have public restrooms and I would make some sort of purchase (drinks and an appetizer most likely) prior to using it. Am I correct to assume that most restaurants around the Boardwalk and Front St. in Philipsburg have restrooms available for customers? Are there some that require a fee (coin operated)?

Try the Caribbean ports of call board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

5 hours ago, Beukeboom said:

Been in 38 different countries, and only did I have an issue in Paris finding a place to use.  

• Like 1

BTW, thanks for all the useful info. We figure we could stop at one of the restaurants in both ports and order an appetizer and drinks so my wife could use their restroom and the restaurant wouldn't have any issues. That sound reasonable, fellow travelers?

On 1/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, Beukeboom said:

They have some inside the fort if you are going to be touring that in OSJ.