Wine package available on Sapphire Princess

Marlster

Has anyone done the Asia cruise on Sapphire Princess lately and know if they had the gold wine package available to purchase, I think they usually have small tables set up when you board to purchase the Gold wine package, not sure if it is 10 or 12 bottles of wine, thank you.

Marlster

13 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We found out, just because a wine is on the list doesn't mean it is available.

This is true.  Did they have small tables set up on the 1st and 2nd day of the cruise, usually somewhere near the pool/buffet area on the ship.  They have a special of 7 bottles, 10 bottles and 12 bottles of wine.  I cant seem to get an answer from Princess themselves.  You can talk to 3 different people and get 3 different answers.

Marlster

6 hours ago, Marlster said:

This is true.  Did they have small tables set up on the 1st and 2nd day of the cruise, usually somewhere near the pool/buffet area on the ship.  They have a special of 7 bottles, 10 bottles and 12 bottles of wine.  I cant seem to get an answer from Princess themselves.  You can talk to 3 different people and get 3 different answers.

Marlster

When it’s available we purchase the wine package from our dining room waitstaff because they deliver our wine & they receive some benefit for selling it.

Princess land-based reps don’t know about the availability onboard & we’ve even had misinformed crew on the ship.  Our recent 28 day cruise didn’t have a wine package but our 7 day cruise last Spring had it.  Their entire wine package program has been mismanaged with no online promotion & we don’t know in advance about it’s availability.

When the wine package was available we had no problem getting our preferred wine but unfortunately some people have posted about not having the same experience.

2 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

Got off Sapphire Jan.21, 14 day SEAsia cruise. No wine package offered due to "unavailability  of many wines".

Same with out Sapphire cruise (Norway) late October.  Same excuse.  I really think it's just a ploy to get us to spend more per bottle.

1 hour ago, pandora518 said:

Same with out Sapphire cruise (Norway) late October.  Same excuse.  I really think it's just a ploy to get us to spend more per bottle.

Thank you for your info. doesn't surprise me!!!!

Marlster