Liverpool questions....

Sunflower & The Scientist

We will be in Liverpool on Jupiter this summer.  I have relatives there and they are going to meet up with us.  From what information I can read, Liverpool does not have the new cruise terminal completed yet.  It appears we’ll disembark on a floating walkway directly on to the wharf area.  I would think it is easy to meet up with someone in that area as it is accessible to the public.  I thought I saw that there is parking right there as well. It sounds like we have easy access to explore the city on foot from the wharf. 

Can anyone confirm if my information is correct? 

I live just over an hour away from Liverpool.  It is a fantastic city to visit, and especially on a cruise ship. (We have sailed twice from the Liverpool pier, on a small British cruise line).

You will have no trouble finding your friends, nor exploring what is a very interesting and friendly city.  If you find the Crowne Plaza Hotel on google maps, the cruise pier is just on the river near there.  We stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza one time, and they have parking, though whether it's available to the general public  I'm not sure.  Most times we visit Liverpool by train.  

Ho-Ho buses pass along the waterfront, you are close to many of the tourist attractions and the main shopping area, and if you need to take a taxi they are cheap and generally reliable.

Have fun!