Elation from Port Canaveral

larry_s_taco

We are booked on the Elation Feb. 17, 2020. I read that there were propulsion issues on the Elation in January, and all ports were canceled on one of the cruises. Has anyone got any information on this? I curious if this is an ongoing issue and if there is a possibility of the cruise being canceled due to dry dock or other issues. 

Thanks for any info.

Larry

I am following this. We leave Saturday on Elation and the winds for Grand Turk and Amber Cove are 17-23 mph.  This is concerning to me as I've read at least 2 instances of this boat not being able to dock. Keeping my fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, lhogan11 said:

I am following this. We leave Saturday on Elation and the winds for Grand Turk and Amber Cove are 17-23 mph.  This is concerning to me as I've read at least 2 instances of this boat not being able to dock. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I will be sailing this Saturday also.  Too late to worry about this now and I hope we don't have any issues and make it to our ports. The cruise you are referring to sailed on 1/11 so there have been several cruises since then and I haven't noticed any reports of missed ports. I've been on some really large ships and missed ports because of wind - that doesn't necessarily guarantee there won't be a problem.

I just checked and it looks like they are headed to Amber Cove tomorrow so we can see what happens then and Thursday in Grand Turk.

Edited by mek

Looks like the ship is in Amber Cove today.  

It does appear it will be windy in Grand Turk next Tuesday, so keeping fingers crossed.

Edited by mek

1 hour ago, cruise77 said:

My granddaughter just sailed on Elation,  January 20th  they made all the islands.

Good to hear.  They are in Grand Turk today and the wind is about 19MPH.  If the ship didn't make it to the scheduled ports on a regular basis we would constantly hear about it here on CC and that isn't the case.

• 2 weeks later...

We're back home and I'm happy to report we made it to all of the ports as planned.  It was quite windy last Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't notice any problems with that - I've been on much bumpier rides.  I'll do a review over the weekend - overall I was really pleased with the cruise and the ship.

19 hours ago, mek said:

We're back home and I'm happy to report we made it to all of the ports as planned.  It was quite windy last Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't notice any problems with that - I've been on much bumpier rides.  I'll do a review over the weekend - overall I was really pleased with the cruise and the ship.

Mek can't wait to hear your comments about the ship. Have a family of 4 on the 19th of September Sailing. My kids now 30 & 26 have note been on a cruise in 15 years.