Arrival and departure time wackiness on cunard.com

bluemarble

It looks to me like the Cunard website has reverted back to no longer showing specific arrival and departure times in the voyage itineraries. I'm once again only seeing vague references such as "Arrive morning  Depart early evening" when viewing itineraries in my browser.

That's annoying, since that's one thing we used to be able to point to as in improvement in the new Cunard website. But here's the interesting part. The specific arrival and departure times can be found when viewing the web page source code. For example:

... "arrivalTime":"09:00 AM","departTime":"06:00 PM","portDetails":{"id":"AES","name":"Alesund, Norway", ...

And when I copy and paste a section of the itinerary from the web page in my browser, here's what I get.

Alesund, Norway

SEA Jul 17, 2020
Arrive morning09:00 AM
Depart early evening06:00 PM

So the specific arrival and departure times are still there. It looks like you just have to resort to tricks to see them now. I know I shouldn't really be surprised by wacky behavior in the Cunard website, but this is a step backward.

Or is it just me? Is anyone else seeing specific arrival and departure times in the itineraries on the Cunard website without resorting to tricks like this?

• Like 1

Do you know if these times are accurate? Or does every ‘morning’ arrival show 09:00 AM and every ‘early evening’ departure show 06:00 PM ? Could these just be numbers used to generate the ‘morning’ or ‘early evening’ descriptions which may explain why they don’t want them showing?

I don’t know. I’m just thinking out loud.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Or is it just me? Is anyone else seeing specific arrival and departure times in the itineraries on the Cunard website without resorting to tricks like this?

I am also not seeing the times. 

If you are looking for times for that voyage, I captured them previously. 

M022 Norwegian Fjords, 7 Nights

Jul 15, 2020 Hamburg, Germany Departs 07:00 PM

Jul 17, 2020 Alesund, Norway Arrives 09:00 AM Departs 06:00 PM

Jul 18, 2020 Innvikfjorden, Norway (Cruise-by) Arrives 06:30 PM Departs 08:00 PM

Jul 18, 2020 Nordfjord, Norway (Cruise-by) Arrives 08:00 PM Departs 09:30 PM

Jul 18, 2020 Olden, Norway Arrives 08:00 AM Departs 06:00 PM

Jul 19, 2020 Sognefjord, Norway (Cruise-by) Arrives 08:00 PM Departs 09:30 PM

Jul 19, 2020 Flaam, Norway Arrives 08:00 AM Departs 06:00 PM Possible Tender

Jul 19, 2020 Aurlandsfjord, Norway (Cruise-by) Arrives 06:30 PM Departs 08:00 PM

Jul 20, 2020 Bergen, Norway Arrives 08:00 AM Departs 06:00 PM

Jul 22, 2020 Hamburg, Germany Arrives 07:00 AM

Screenshot_2020-01-30-17-10-39.png

I can't see the arrival/departure times in VP - they might have been there prior - but  not for some weeks. I checked the port authority to figure it out. Don't think I've ever seen it on the main website. 

Its beyond belief that  its so hard to find such basic info on the website! We also don't have what the dress code is or which evening are gala evenings, and certainly haven't officially been told what the themes are .  

Just now, Colin_Cameron said:

Do you know if these times are accurate? Or does every ‘morning’ arrival show 09:00 AM and every ‘early evening’ departure show 06:00 PM ? Could these just be numbers used to generate the ‘morning’ or ‘early evening’ descriptions which may explain why they don’t want them showing?

I don’t know. I’m just thinking out loud.

They've generally been pretty accurate when the times were specifically listed in the itineraries. They don't all list the same times for 'morning' or 'early evening' now. From the voyages I've checked, the 'hidden' times are the same as they used to be when they were listed.

Some timings that specifically caught my attention last year were the departure times for QM2's westbound crossings. Since last November and for most of the remaining westbound crossings through October of this year, the departure times from Southampton were listed as 6:30pm rather than the more typical 5:00pm. The departure times for westbound crossings last November, including one I was on, were indeed scheduled for 6:30pm.

Here's what the next westbound crossing shows on cunard.com, after copying and pasting here to reveal that the 'early evening' departure time from Southampton is 06:30 PM in this case. I believe that is accurate.

Departs
Day 1

Southampton, England, UK

SEA May 6, 2020
Depart early evening06:30 PM

11 minutes ago, Dranuc2016 said:

I am also not seeing the times. 

If you are looking for times for that voyage, I captured them previously. ...

Thanks for that. Fortunately we have still have several other ways to find the scheduled departure and arrival times (other than copying and pasting the itineraries from cunard.com into another document to reveal the times).

Many cruise booking, cruise timetable, and port schedule web sites list the specific times. That includes Cunard's partner sites for Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. That was the work-around before Cunard started listing the specific arrival and departure times when searching for a voyage on the new cunard.com website and then drilling down to the itinerary details.

Unfortunately it looks like we are once again back to having to use some sort of work-around to obtain the scheduled arrival and departure times for Cunard voyages.

40 minutes ago, lissie said:

I can't see the arrival/departure times in VP - they might have been there prior - but  not for some weeks. I checked the port authority to figure it out. Don't think I've ever seen it on the main website. 

Its beyond belief that  its so hard to find such basic info on the website! We also don't have what the dress code is or which evening are gala evenings, and certainly haven't officially been told what the themes are .  

I can't actually recall whether the US voyage personaliser ever listed the specific arrival and departure times. I have one of the e-brochures I created early last year from the voyage personaliser and it does not list any port timings. But that's as maybe now anyway, since the new-and-improved voyage personaliser seems to be missing quite a bit of the basic information that used to be there.

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Still showing times on the mobile site

Very interesting and thanks. Here is what I am seeing on my phone, even when accessing the Cunard UK site using a vpn to make it look like I'm in the UK. But then this isn't the first time we've seen differing results like this with no obvious explanation. At least it looks like Cunard hasn't deliberately chosen to hide the actual arrival and departure times, since you are seeing them.

Screenshot_20200131-074801_Chrome.thumb.jpg.018c40c97aecd36b34dae37262a2a6a4.jpg

• Like 1

Just to complete my previous exercise, here's what I see when I copy and paste what I see above from my phone's browser into this post to reveal the 'hidden' arrival and departure times.

Day1
Departs
Day 1

Singapore

SEA 13 Feb 2020
Depart afternoon17:00
Day2
Day 2

At sea

14 Feb 2020
Day3
Day 3

Ho Chi Minh City (tours from Phu My), Vi

SEA 15 Feb 2020
Arrive early morning07:00
Depart afternoon17:00
Day4
Day 4

Nha Trang, Vietnam

SEA 16 Feb 2020
Arrive early morning08:00
Depart early evening18:00

Oh, duh! Even if the itinerary details on the Cunard website are now only showing you port timings such as "morning" and "early evening", you can click "Find out more" on each individual port on the itinerary and get the timings that way. Not as convenient as seeing them all on a single itinerary list, but still a fairly reasonable work-around.

image.thumb.png.da835184985c6bc0e4d140b8c255bf08.png

• Like 1