In a Penthouses. Butler tip included in prepaid?

leisuretraveler223

Tips to the butler of approximately $4.00 per day per passenger are included for all suites SS and above.   As with other services many choose to tip additional if they feel like they have received good service.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 5:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Tips to the butler of approximately $4.00 per day per passenger are included for all suites SS and above.   As with other services many choose to tip additional if they feel like they have received good service.

Would you be in a position to suggest the current sliding scale for tipping a butler. I have pre-paid tips but always give a little extra to the ones that stand out. I worked in the service industry so I am well aware there is a lot going on that we don't see.

This is my first suite so I've no idea where the starting point is...$5/day? $10/day? 10 day cruise=$100? I do understand that this number is up to the passenger tipping. Is there a standard like at a restaurant in the states of 15%-18% for a tip?

3 minutes ago, txflood33 said:

Would you be in a position to suggest the current sliding scale for tipping a butler. I have pre-paid tips but always give a little extra to the ones that stand out. I worked in the service industry so I am well aware there is a lot going on that we don't see.

This is my first suite so I've no idea where the starting point is...$5/day? $10/day? 10 day cruise=$100? I do understand that this number is up to the passenger tipping. Is there a standard like at a restaurant in the states of 15%-18% for a tip?

There are many threads on tipping.  Many have offered ideas, some tip extra generously and some do not tip extra at all.  It is all up to the individual and depends on what you ask the butler to do for you.  We usually do not ask for much, do not eat in the room, and once in a while have a party in the room, especially if we are in the penthouse.  We usually tip our butlers about $5.00 per day extra if they are attentive, friendly and responsive.  Again, extra tipping is completely up to the individual, as was mentioned above $4.00 oer day per passenger is what they receive in the auto gratuities.

It really depends on the butler and how attentive they are.   I usually leave an additional $5 - 10 Per day.  Normally in the $5.00 range but if we have a party or 2 would be dependent on the level of extra service.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

There are many threads on tipping.  Many have offered ideas, some tip extra generously and some do not tip extra at all.  It is all up to the individual and depends on what you ask the butler to do for you.  We usually do not ask for much, do not eat in the room, and once in a while have a party in the room, especially if we are in the penthouse.  We usually tip our butlers about $5.00 per day extra if they are attentive, friendly and responsive.  Again, extra tipping is completely up to the individual, as was mentioned above $4.00 oer day per passenger is what they receive in the auto gratuities.

Thank you for the quick reply. I agree tipping is subjective. I appreciate the average number to give me a starting point. Being this is our first suite, I'm not sure what to expect...so I'm sure it will exceed my expectations . 

• Like 1

I have to admit i once (and only once) had a butler that just did the basics and I did not feel compelled to leave him anything additional.   As you will be in the Penthouse you will have the top butler on the ship so should really enjoy being pampered.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Since the Suite/Penthouse guests pay a higher tip in general, does the increased amount go to the steward/butler assigned to that cabin or is it evenly spread?

I usually always give something extra to the person responsible for my cabin and usually it pays off. Last time I couldn't find my rather expensive sunglasses anymore and the steward really went through everything while I was gone. I gave him a generous tip for the week on my first day so usually that motivates. I'd have never found these glasses after he told me where they were. 😄

Just come back from our first Penthouse and our Butler Lorenzo was excellent.  We tipped him $50 mid cruise and another $120 at the end.  Would have given him a bit more, but we ran out of cash, as we also felt the need to tip in extra in Luminae as the service from Cartini, Nick and Fernando were outstanding as well.  Fabulous cruise!!

• Like 1