Has anyone used a Travelex card on cruise to pay ship,account

Partner has a travelex card, and it has MasterCard logo on it. It’s preloaded with US dollars .( I believe in this way it’s a debit card)

However when we try to enter it as credit card for our upcoming cruise on radiance of the seas, the Royal Caribbean site says it’s not recognised.

Really want to,use the US dollars for,our cruise . I will contact royal Caribbean to clarify but wondering what others have done ?

on Travelex site one can cash in the card . That could,be our last resort.

I suspect you have to use a CC for the initial hold - because they can put a hold charge through before your final bill is calculated.  I don't see why you can't use the travelex card at the end to pay the bill. I've done this with rental cars and hotels who want a CC up front to guarantee the booking - but give you the option to change the payment method at the end to cash or another card - that's when you use the debit card. 

The automated systems can tell the difference between a credit and debit card (which is what Travelx is ).

Next time look at using transferwise - much better exchange rate and fee structure 

1 hour ago, boeckli said:

I have a CBA TravelMoney card which is the same kind of debit card.

Have used it on HAL, Celebrity, Princess and Norwegian without any problems at the time of online check-in.

I also have that card & have entered it online check-in with no issues, including just in last few weeks. As others have said, you can always use it to settle up at end of the cruise, or lodge at Guest Services once onboard if you have issues online.

'Money Cards' are accepted as long as they have your name on the card, so some generic money cards are not accepted by the cruise-line. 

23 minutes ago, mr walker said:

'Money Cards' are accepted as long as they have your name on the card, so some generic money cards are not accepted by the cruise-line. 

An important point, hence question to the OP - does your partner's card have a name on it?

Partners name is on the card.

its has the two Cirrus circles on it. 
I think I’ll,log my credit card on line before we go, then see Concierge as soon as it’s feasible to arrange payment with Travelex card, although I may get my travel agent to check before hand as well ( no reply has come back from royal,Caribbean email I’ve sent ). 
‘thanks for everyone’s input 

Edited by noosa_blue150