Labadee, Staying on the ship

I may be in the minority but I’m thinking of staying on the ship in Labadee. I’ve been there several times and if I were in a suite and could go to Barefoot Beach I’d feel different. Coming off the Oasis I know it’ll be crowded plus it’s rocky and feels more like a lake. 
Has anyone stayed onboard in Labadee ? 

I wouldn't dream of staying on board.  We have been there many, many times - from its early days of being a nearly deserted island until the present.  We've collected many treasures from the local artisans and I look forward to bargaining with them each visit.  It's a beach day like no other, but to each their own. It's your vacation to enjoy as you wish!

• Like 1

After several day trips on Labadee, we no longer go ashore there.  The last three times that we have been there, maybe just a coincidence, but the DH has come home with pneumonia.  When  we stay aboard all is well.  Plus we have never found anything in the markets that we had to have.  Yes, there are lots of interesting and unusual things, but we can display only so much ‘stuff”.  And as far as gifts go, we have to consider the likes and dislikes of possible recipients.  Most people don’t appreciate “aboriginal” art from someplace they’ve never been.

Having a near-empty ship is a delight like few others.  Quiet areas abound.