Marriott at EWR

travelinmoma

I ended up canceling my SW flight into LGA (now I have to find somewhere else to go this year to use that credit, but that's another story).  Now I have a flight to EWR, but it doesn't get in until around 1AM.  I was going to stay on points at a Choice Hotel property, but after posting here, it sounds like it's not in the best area.  So, now I'm looking at the Marriott that is connected to the airport so that when we arrive at 1AM we can easily get to the hotel.  Is this our best option?  Are there others out there that are more convenient?  At this point I'm not as concerned about price as I am about safety and convenience.  TIA

2 hours ago, travelinmoma said:

So, now I'm looking at the Marriott that is connected to the airport so that when we arrive at 1AM we can easily get to the hotel.  Is this our best option?

For an airport hotel it is above average and for a Marriott its fairly solid-- nothing fancy but incredibly convenient. 

2 hours ago, travelinmoma said:

Are there others out there that are more convenient?  At this point I'm not as concerned about price as I am about safety and convenience.

No-- this is the most convenient at EWR. You don't leave airport property. 

1 hour ago, travelinmoma said:

I was a little nervous because it was non refundable, but with my Expedia coupon, I will only pay $43!  

Thats a very good deal for this hotel. 

I stay at this hotel everytime I have short layover.  You could actually walk from terminal to hotel; cut thru parking lot.  But you will have luggage; so you will have to go out the terminal and walk to the hotel pickup spot.  It is located right outside the baggage claim.  There are signs outside baggage claim that tell you what island to go to for hotel pickups.  It is nice hotel and will fit your needs. 

ps.  I was here a few months ago and walked to hotel. I only had one small bag; and didn't feel like waiting for shuttle bus.  

Edited by AF-1

On 2/2/2020 at 2:12 PM, AF-1 said:

I stay at this hotel everytime I have short layover.  You could actually walk from terminal to hotel; cut thru parking lot.  But you will have luggage; so you will have to go out the terminal and walk to the hotel pickup spot.  It is located right outside the baggage claim.  There are signs outside baggage claim that tell you what island to go to for hotel pickups.  It is nice hotel and will fit your needs. 

ps.  I was here a few months ago and walked to hotel. I only had one small bag; and didn't feel like waiting for shuttle bus.  

That's good to know.  Thank you!  We will only have backpacks and a carry on each, so we might walk it.