Aft facing cabins Meraviglia, deck 14

Jimbo

If you go down a few floors you may get a deeper balcony. Just got off the Mera on 2/2/20, we were in 10267 (see below). These are only sought after cabins if you like a larger balcony and the oddly satisfying sound of prop wash (like a waterfall) at night. The only drawback for aft cabins on this ship is lack of stairs and elevator at the back of the boat. This means you will be doing a considerable amount of walking. If you know that going in you'll have a great cruise.

Deck 01.JPG

Deck 02.JPG

Edited by Ray_Ray
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hummer88 said:

We will be staying in one of the super family plus rooms on deck 14 in March, I can report then.

See if you can peek in Cabin 14268 and see what it's like. Probably right next to your cabin.

1 hour ago, Ray_Ray said:

If you go down a few floors you may get a deeper balcony. Just got off the Mera on 2/2/20, we were in 10267 (see below). These are only sought after cabins if you like a larger balcony and the oddly satisfying sound of prop wash (like a waterfall) at night. The only drawback for aft cabins on this ship is lack of stairs and elevator at the back of the boat. This means you will be doing a considerable amount of walking. If you know that going in you'll have a great cruise.

Deck 01.JPG

Deck 02.JPG

I was pretty hard as it was to find the one on deck 14, not sure how lucky I could get to find one on one of the lower decks.

How does this cruiseline handle booking 2 people in a cabin that holds 3 or 4? Do they allow it if my travel agent calls and asked to be switched to a cabin that holds 3 or4 even though there will be only 2 of us?

Walking won't bother us, we have stayed in other aft cabins before on other cruiselines.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

See if you can peek in Cabin 14268 and see what it's like. Probably right next to your cabin.

2 hours ago, hummer88 said:

We will be staying in one of the super family plus rooms on deck 14 in March, I can report then.

I  am scheduled to be in 14215 on March 29. Which rooms and sailing are you on in March?

On 2/3/2020 at 6:58 PM, titanic27 said:

Ray_Ray

Thank you for the pictures we just reserved 10386 on the mera next January .

Did you bring your hammac ? 

I did, ordered it off Amazon (Brazilian Hammock) for $30. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ray_Ray said:

@Jimbo There were only 2 of us. I booked on the MSC website and selected this cabin. I hope that helps.

Called my travel agent, your same cabin became available and we got it. Thanks for the pics. We now are on deck 10. :)

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

The hammock included two long straps and carabiners. Wrap each strap around a metal beam, run the carabiners through each end of the strap AND ring at the ends of the hammock. That's it, it'll take you maybe 4 - 5 minutes to hang it.

Edited by Ray_Ray
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ray_Ray said:

BTW, I can’t describe how nice it was to have a hammock on the balcony. The Meraviglia is a beautiful ship but on sea days the pool decks were a real sh*t show and this provided perfect R & R.

The hammock is a brilliant idea! BTW, are there outdoor stairs that lead up to the Horizon Pool area from the aft of the ship?

On 12/28/2021 at 8:26 PM, revrick3 said:

Hammock is great. OK would you guys tell me the good and bad of an aft cabin. Seems it would be peaceful, but maybe hot with no wind. 

The reason I like aft cabins is the length of the balcony...on some ships they even provide a lounger or two. Divina and Meraviglia have some similarities in that the higher up from deck 10 ( with deck 10 being the largest) the balconies get progressively smaller... 

Also on Divina there are really nice exterior stairs at the aft of the ship....but I am learning that is not so on Meraviglia. I don't mind a long walk to the stairs and elevators but was hoping for a similar layout. 

2 hours ago, kruz said:

The reason I like aft cabins is the length of the balcony...on some ships they even provide a lounger or two. Divina and Meraviglia have some similarities in that the higher up from deck 10 ( with deck 10 being the largest) the balconies get progressively smaller... 

Also on Divina there are really nice exterior stairs at the aft of the ship....but I am learning that is not so on Meraviglia. I don't mind a long walk to the stairs and elevators but was hoping for a similar layout. 

I was just in an aft on 10 and it was amazing, very deep and enough room for a lounger plus chairs.   I’ve also done an aft on Divina and it was very similar although no stairs as you mentioned.  I did run into just a bit of a soot issue one day though but a quick note to my cabin steward and it was cleaned up.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I'm going to be in 14268 at the end of January. While Deck 10 aft balconies are the longest, unlike Divina (on which I had a wake-view balcony) last December, Deck 14 on Meraviglia "kicks out" several feet, and therefore has loner balconies than the decks immediately below.

Did you end up in aft cabin on 14?  I had an aft balcony cabin on deck 12 in October and I loved it.    I just booked an aft balcony on 9 for January,.  I just saw the dead center aft balcony is available on 14 but I wondered if you heard people from Buffett above?  On 12 my balcony was large. Im pretty sure 9 is large, but less covered (which is OK with me).  Was is noisy?

On 2/4/2020 at 8:05 AM, Ray_Ray said:

Deck 01.JPG

Deck 02.JPG

Did MSC provide the Hammock or did you bring your own?  Looks serene

Sorry should have read all the posts before posting my question

Edited by Aussie Jeep
Already asked