Orange Party

travelingla

I just read this on HAL's FAQ..... I've never had an Orange Party on any HAL ship I've sailed on..... is this something new?

Learn more about this unique Dutch celebration and prepare to get your orange on.

What’s the Orange Party?

Orange is the color most associated with the Netherlands and the House of Orange, Holland’s royal family. In keeping with our proud Dutch heritage, we invite you to a new onboard celebration inspired by the Netherland’s national holiday, King’s Day: The Orange Party. Just wear your favorite orange clothes and accessories, or purchase Orange Party essentials in our shops, and get ready for the time of your life.

What happens at the Orange Party?

Enjoy Dutch-inspired appetizers, beer, cocktails, live music and more, plus a festive display of national pride with a sea of orange!

When and where is the party?

Holland America Line is hosting the Orange Party on board each of our ships on one evening every cruise.

What attire should I pack for the Orange Party?

Pack some orange clothing and/or accessories to wear for this special celebration! 

It's been around for awhile.  In my experience in the last year on Oosterdam and Noordam when the Orange Party is on a regular day (not the actual "King's Day") it has been in the BB Kings club with bar staff and some people wearing orange items.  It's not really a big deal in my opinion.  Just another fun evening at BB Kings.

~Nancy

• Like 1

You don’t have to wear orange but a lot of people will.  Lots of music and appetizers in the music venues.  Rather than offering free drinks I would expect this is an opportunity for the bars to sell more drinks.  Some readers on this site are too eager to dis anything new the cruise line tries to do.  If you haven’t experienced the Orange Party you probably should not offer an opinion.

The Orange Party on the Nieuw Statendam in December had a large contingent of ship's officers in attendance and the Shops personnel were dancing in the hallway across from the party.   The venue was packed with passengers singing to the music of the band and having a great experience. 

Another opportunity to sell drinks? Absolutely.  Another opportunity to create a party atmosphere for the passengers?  Absolutely.  A good time had by all?  Absolutely.

• Like 3

Will be sailing on the K'dam in three weeks and just received the usual update about the happenings on the ship.  The Orange Party was mentioned and suggested to wearing orange, which won't be a problem for me as its my favorite color.  We are looking forward to this event, always up for good music and meeting others in a casual setting.  Maybe this doesn't appeal to everyone but that's the great part of being on a cruise, there is something for everyone.

• Like 1

Just off the Zaandam's South America/Antarctica 22-day adventure. The Orange Party was held on one of the final evenings of the cruise at 10 pm. Band, dancing, officers etc. About half way thru the cruise the gift shop started offering Orange Party Tee Shirts, Hats, and a few other items. Most were offered at 2 for $20. The event is fun and it seemed that everyone in attendance had a wonderful time. While it isn't necessary to wear orange, why not "get in with the party" and dance. The late night start is probably set (10pm) to permit late seating passengers to have dinner, catch the show in the show room, and then move directly to the Orange Party.

• Like 2

Just off the Zuiderdam where we attended , with orange accessories, the party in B.B. King.  There were complimentary snacks, but just regular dancing and great music.  No officers and really very little to make it special.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:30 PM, Crew News said:

The Orange Party on the Nieuw Statendam in December had a large contingent of ship's officers in attendance and the Shops personnel were dancing in the hallway across from the party.   The venue was packed with passengers singing to the music of the band and having a great experience. 

Another opportunity to sell drinks? Absolutely.  Another opportunity to create a party atmosphere for the passengers?  Absolutely.  A good time had by all?  Absolutely.

I was in a Holland ship last Oct 2019 and this is news to me (I'm a 4*....however I don't like the BB Kings, so maybe that's why I missed it.  I would love to know how much $ they made on the extra drinks sold for the night. I will be in the Nieuw Amsterdam this Spring, so I'll bring something Orange....why not.

Edited by silviaeaston