Trying to decide HELP need some input

njkate

Have a cruise in November on the Star deposited for Greece and Turkey, but also put one on a courtesy hold until tomorrow for November for Greece and Croatia but on Getaway. Good latitude deal and of course extra points my pause is I'm not a big fan of the mega ships. Just wondering on a Med cruise in November what are the chances ship will be packed? What are the chances it's going to have tons of kids?

Med cruises are typically so port-intensive that you don't spend a lot of time on the ship.  November Med cruises won't have a lot of kids.  If faced with this decision, I'd select one based on the itinerary and costs before the ship unless you dislike the big ships so much, that's a big factor for you.  

We did our Med cruise on the Epic, loved the trip. Some of the nice things about the big ships are the shows, if the big show or dinner show is of interest then Getaway, more Specialty dining options do a comparison, Spice H2O is adults only no matter the number of kids onboard.

I agree the itinerary is very port intensive. We generally ate and enjoyed entertainment onboard and not much else. We had a balcony cabin perhaps if we had an inside we may have spent a bit more time on deck.

Just choose what will make you happy. It's your time your money.

Sailed on the Star in the Med last summer and have been on the Getaway 3 times ( Caribbean and Baltic ) the Getaway would be my choice. Providing the itinerary and price are comparable. We do like the newer ships just a little more.

The Med tends to be port intensive but evenings we like to enjoy a meal and some entertainment and we always find something we enjoy on the Getaway from the better quality shows in the theatre or the comedian or the different types of music around the ship. On the Star we found the evening entertainment choices somewhat limited. I guess it will depend what’s important to you. I cant see there will be many children in November on either  there were very few on the Star when we sailed n September . 

After all of the issues with the Star (google them) I personally wouldn’t sail on her. I was on her in 2012 and she’s beautiful, but seems to be the “lemon” of the fleet. That’s just my personal opinion. Do your research and make your decision based upon that. Either way it’s a bucket list itinerary that I’d love to go on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onlylee said:

After all of the issues with the Star (google them) I personally wouldn’t sail on her. I was on her in 2012 and she’s beautiful, but seems to be the “lemon” of the fleet. That’s just my personal opinion. Do your research and make your decision based upon that. Either way it’s a bucket list itinerary that I’d love to go on!

Yes very aware of the issues had to cancel my April TA on her due to them pushing date up by ten days. She is supposed to dry dock after the crossing, hoping that fixes the issues

• Like 1

i  believe you will love the getaway, we've been on about 8 different ncl ships and the getaway was by far my favorite. we just really liked the vibe. enjoyed eating on the waterfront, unless youre sailing through the thanksgiving week, most kids will be in school