Scanning Passport Card

Rognperly

23 hours ago, Rognperly said:

In the Princess FAQs regarding travel documents it says “When minors are traveling with only one adult 21 years of age or older, Princess requires that all guests must be in possession of a valid passport. ” Since I’m traveling with 3 kids, they have the cards, my wife and I have books, we had to get 2 cabins. One booking is in her name and one in mine. I’m thinking Ocean Ready may be seeing this arrangement as my kids are traveling with only one parent. About the cards, I understand the limitations with travel as we’ve used them for 4 previous cruises without any issues. 

There should be no problem. The three kids are traveling with two adults. It does not matter how many cabins are involved.

If any problem with Ocean Ready, just don't use Ocean Ready. You can check in at the pier without having used Ocean Ready. (But do complete your Personalizer info.)

14 hours ago, speedyjane said:

I am in the process of getting “Ocean Ready.” I have scanned our passports and the code on the bottom of the ID page turned green, and I took pictures of the pages. However, I still have exclamations by our photos instead of green circles around them. 
Any thoughts or suggestions?

i was allowed to order my medallions, though.

I believe the issue is with the app.  I have run into the same thing; like I mentioned above.  One day you have green on everything and the next I will have Red by picture or cruise personalizer.  Don't worry too much over it.  Yes it is nice to have it working perfectly; however, if you have been able to order your medallions; then you should be good

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I believe the issue is with the app.  I have run into the same thing; like I mentioned above.  One day you have green on everything and the next I will have Red by picture or cruise personalizer.  Don't worry too much over it.  Yes it is nice to have it working perfectly; however, if you have been able to order your medallions; then you should be good

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease, but last night i saw that you could remove the passport info, so I might try it again.

Will report back.

Just now, AF-1 said:

speedyjane;  how about deleting app on your phone or tablet, and then download again and log in to see if anything changes.  Have fun out there.

I thought of that, but would the app remember our pictures? I don't want to have to do THAT again! Technology is an adventure.

speedyjane,  everything you put into the app is actually stored in the cloud.  So by logging in and out; there should be no change. Same as deleting app and reinstalling and logging in.  Should be same

19 hours ago, speedyjane said:

I am in the process of getting “Ocean Ready.” I have scanned our passports and the code on the bottom of the ID page turned green, and I took pictures of the pages. However, I still have exclamations by our photos instead of green circles around them. 
Any thoughts or suggestions?

i was allowed to order my medallions, though.

I had a similar thing happen. I was on a medallion cruise in December and am trying to get ocean ready for a medallion cruise in a few months. So I had already scanned my passport etc. Nevertheless, even though my  passport was in the system, I still had the exclamation point. So, I  just tried every day once or twice to see if the exclamation point would go away if I selected my passport again. Yesterday it finally worked. Oddly, I still have an exclamation point next to cruise personalizer, even though my cruise personalizer is complete. 

28 minutes ago, erber said:

I had a similar thing happen. I was on a medallion cruise in December and am trying to get ocean ready for a medallion cruise in a few months. So I had already scanned my passport etc. Nevertheless, even though my  passport was in the system, I still had the exclamation point. So, I  just tried every day once or twice to see if the exclamation point would go away if I selected my passport again. Yesterday it finally worked. Oddly, I still have an exclamation point next to cruise personalizer, even though my cruise personalizer is complete. 

I tried again, but clicked on “add required documents for travel.” This led to a screen saying that they had other travel documents for us. This was before I entered the passports again. I clicked on what I had previously entered and voila, green circles.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

• Like 1

Had the same issue when I tried to scan my passport and upload my photo in early January. It would scan and then get stuck trying to upload the photo. I tried again a couple of weeks ago and it worked just fine. Perhaps the app was updated in between my two attempts?