Freedom of the Seas

Taking Freedom in May 2020 out of San Juan.  Do to a medical condition, we need a fan in our room.  Have not been able to get any definitive answer on it being allowed,  

Has anyone else RECENTLY taken fan on to a RC ship? 

I just brought this little guy on a cruise on Anthem with no problem. It’s battery powered or usb powered, it killed the batteries in one night (I like it on overnight), so I just used the included USB to plug it in with my phone charger (mine has 2 USB port, used one for the phone and one for the fan. Worked beautifully, and never had any issues from bringing on board to room attendant. 

Honeywell HTF090B Turbo on The Go Personal Fan Black, Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YU0W3CY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RLhoEbT0W40CC

You can contact special needs and ask for one to be placed in your room.  If the ship has enough they will provide one for you.  Specifically ask if the one provided will be a box fan or a desk fan because you could get either one.  We have been provided full sized fans before and have been told to bring our own because the ship did not have enough.  We took one on Allure a few months ago (full size) and they inspected it to be sure it was not a fire hazard and then gave it back to us.  When we sail out of San Juan in November we will likely purchase one in port and carry it on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 5:43 AM, Lazy_river said:

Taking Freedom in May 2020 out of San Juan.  Do to a medical condition, we need a fan in our room.  Have not been able to get any definitive answer on it being allowed,  

We always take one of those 6 inch clip on desk fans that fastens on the edge of a desk. The one we have can oscillate but I can't find any that oscillate on Amazon at the moment. Ours came from Fry's and cost less than ten dollars in 2014. My husband always carries our electronics when we travel so we carry it on with those. Neither Royal nor MSC ever said anything to us about it. Until a couple of recent threads about fans I didn't even know fans might be on any no no lists. All I ever saw or heard of them taking up was things like travel irons, heating pads, and occasionally curling irons because of how easily they could cause a fire.

Edit: Found an oscillating battery operated mini fan listed as a stroller fan on Amazon here but it seems a little pricey at $24.99. I've been noticing lately sometimes a local store is cheaper than Amazon for odd bits so maybe you could do better somewhere local.

Edited by CoolNickname

On 2/3/2020 at 3:43 AM, Lazy_river said:

On 2/3/2020 at 5:03 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

You can contact special_needs@rccl.com and ask them to provide one. 

On 2/3/2020 at 1:09 PM, MandyMooToo said:

You can contact special needs and ask for one to be placed in your room.  If the ship has enough they will provide one for you.  Specifically ask if the one provided will be a box fan or a desk fan because you could get either one.  We have been provided full sized fans before and have been told to bring our own because the ship did not have enough.  We took one on Allure a few months ago (full size) and they inspected it to be sure it was not a fire hazard and then gave it back to us.  When we sail out of San Juan in November we will likely purchase one in port and carry it on. 

I emailed special needs about a fan on the HOS. Got an email back within a few days and they had a box fan waiting for me in my room.  Was a great added feature as I sleep very hot at night.      

good luck