Any Chance for Upgrade on Majesty??

suamom

We are sailing out of NOLA on the Majesty next week. We are Diamond, close to Diamond Plus and have never had the upgrade fairy come to visit.

We have never sailed any cruise line without sailing in a balcony. Im a bit claustrophobic and worried about not having a balcony on Majesty. Is Royal still giving surprise upgrades. I am hoping beyond hope for a suite w a balcony. I know the chance is very small but at least, I have a bit of hope...

Thoughts??

2 minutes ago, suamom said:

We are sailing out of NOLA on the Majesty next week. We are Diamond, close to Diamond Plus and have never had the upgrade fairy come to visit.

We have never sailed any cruise line without sailing in a balcony. Im a bit claustrophobic and worried about not having a balcony on Majesty. Is Royal still giving surprise upgrades. I am hoping beyond hope for a suite w a balcony. I know the chance is very small but at least, I have a bit of hope...

Thoughts??

The upgrade fairy died a while ago.

Royal up is now pretty much your only hope and that you have to bid on. 

Well shoot!!! I have received several emails about the Royal Up and its been $1000 for the both of us. Not worth it for this cruise. I was hoping the upgrade fairy was hiding somewhere near NOLA. 

We are booked on the Northern Baltic for this summer. We are in a balcony and our daughters are in an interior. I may be inclined to Royal Up to a suite then...but havent heard anything about that sailing, as of yet.

No reason to give away an upgrade when there is a waiting line of guests willing to pay.

My last three cruises we made solid upgrade bids, but lost each.

Cruise for March we went ahead and booked a suite. (Wife's birthday. Wife Happy.)

• Like 1

The one and only upgrade we've received in nearly 30 years cruising on Royal, was on the Majesty in October, 2018. We were upgraded from a JS to a GS. They never informed us. I only found out because I went into our reservation to check something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, suamom said:

Thoughts??

We have seen the prices drop on Majesty, we called and asked for the best price upgrade because the price went down since final payment and we were very happy to pay the $30 difference.

Thoughts??

Royal sent out Royal Upgrade forms out. I checked out how many Suites were available and it said they were sold out. Not sure why they would send out the form if they were sold out.