Princess Drink Package

fuzzychop1

11 minutes ago, fuzzychop1 said:

Can someone tell me if the Premier Beverage Package is cheaper if you buy ahead of time or is it the same price if you purchase on board? New to Princess. Thank you!

have you heard of the Best. Sale. Ever. ??? check it out to see if you can ADD it on to your cruise

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fuzzychop1 said:

I believe Best Sale Ever is for cruised after April 1st. We are on the Royal leaving next week. 

you are correct, of course … maybe buy on board if you have lots of OBC ? and it seems like Princess closes out pre-buying a few days before the cruise, but you can still buy onboard

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've never seen the beverage package be any cheaper once you've boarded the ship.  

Actually I was wondering if it was more expensive once we board the ship. We have OBC and would like to use it to help pay for the drink package. :-)

1 hour ago, fuzzychop1 said:

Actually I was wondering if it was more expensive once we board the ship. We have OBC and would like to use it to help pay for the drink package. 🙂

Same price but you need to buy it the first day.  

• Like 1

ah, but perhaps ask onboard if they charge tax while in port, you may want to wait to buy it at dinner once you have sailed away so you aren't charged port taxes on the package.  it seems the implementation of taxing on drinks or packages while still in port is not consistent according to posts i've seen on this forum. so you won't be able get a definitive response here, but ask before buying onboard,

Edited by vampiress

as did my wife on her Pina Colada … however … I bought the PBP upon boarding with OBC and immediately was able to get a beer and when I checked my account the next day, no additional charge for the drinks I had before sailing ...

this question is related to the Premier Drink Package:  does one have additional gratuity added onto each drink when using this?  or are the drink gratuities part of the package charge?  it's been a long time since i have had any drink package on a cruise, so i don't know if anything has changed.  recently i was able to get the Best. Sale. Ever.  added onto a cruise for Sept.  just want to know if i need to plan for an extra charge.  

Sip and sale and best sale ever have the gratuity included. If you were to buy the premium beverage package a gratuity is added based on the price of the package. No further per drink gratuity is added when ordering a drink from the bar. 

On 2/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, SueMLewis said:

dreams_of_travel 

I was wondering the same thing about the Best Sale Ever. We have never bought this package before.

glad i wasn't the only one wondering this.  see below quote reply. 

On 2/9/2020 at 10:33 PM, polmcs said:

Sip and sale and best sale ever have the gratuity included. If you were to buy the premium beverage package a gratuity is added based on the price of the package. No further per drink gratuity is added when ordering a drink from the bar. 

thank you for that reply. very good info to know. 

There is usually a table set up in the piazza close to where you embark where you can sign up for the beverage package. Last time I had to buy a package, I did it at Vines and I’ve also done it at a table that was set up next to the International Cafe.

7 minutes ago, polmcs said:

There is usually a table set up in the piazza close to where you embark where you can sign up for the beverage package. Last time I had to buy a package, I did it at Vines and I’ve also done it at a table that was set up next to the International Cafe.

Thank you so much! We usually buy it before hand but we want to use our OBC. 

10 minutes ago, fuzzychop1 said:

Thank you so much! We usually buy it before hand but we want to use our OBC. 

Yes, if I’m not on a Sip+Sail (or BSE) promo, I wait till I board to buy the drinks package in order to use OBC. I’ve always been at San Pedro cruise terminal when I’ve had to buy the package and I’ve never been charged sales tax on the package.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, polmcs said:

Yes, if I’m not on a Sip+Sail (or BSE) promo, I wait till I board to buy the drinks package in order to use OBC. I’ve always been at San Pedro cruise terminal when I’ve had to buy the package and I’ve never been charged sales tax on the package.

I was worried about the same thing last time I purchased the package for our Royal Princess Cruise. We did not get charged tax for buying the package.