Port of San Juan Mobile Passport

Cruise-ist

Last couple time even in Port Everglades they have a line for both Global Entry and Mobile Passport but the agent just waved us through.   He said they didn't have the equipment for either at the Port.   While the App said it was coming to Puerto Rico they didn't indicate it will be at the aiport or seaports.  

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike past cruises out of San Juan, there was no custom forms in our stateroom at all.   So I opened up my mobile passport and filled it out yesterday getting off the Celebrity Summit.   San Juan Port was an option so I filled it out like I do when flying.    When I got to emigration/customs, they just looked at  my passport and sent us through.   No kiosks anywhere,  they did not make us fill out any forms at all, nothing. He said "have a nice day" and that was it.  Took about 10 seconds.

Edited by Clubber

1 hour ago, Clubber said:

Unlike past cruises out of San Juan, there was no custom forms in our stateroom at all.   So I opened up my mobile passport and filled it out yesterday getting off the Celebrity Summit.   San Juan Port was an option so I filled it out like I do when flying.    When I got to emigration/customs, they just looked at  my passport and sent us through.   No kiosks anywhere,  they did not make us fill out any forms at all, nothing. He said "have a nice day" and that was it.  Took about 10 seconds.

Customs forms are being eliminated at ports. I didn’t know that had happened at San Juan. You are still obligated to see a customs officer if you have something to declare. So really there is no longer a need for mobile passport at ports.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1