Embarkation day question

Hello everyone! 

We are leaving very soon for our upcoming cruise, departing from Fremantle, Australia! Can't wait! I was wondering, on embarkation day, can we arrive in the morning, proceed to check-in and have our seapass made, then go off the ship for the remainder of the day, and then proceed to the ship later in the afternoon for the departure? We would like to have a little time to wander around Fremantle, don't want to be stuck with our luggages... thanks everyone!

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

My understanding is that in Australia, you are unable to leave the ship once you board.

Thanks for this information... we might need to find a luggage storage place near the cruise terminal if this is the case. I think there is one directly opposite of passenger terminal. We'll check that up then! Thanks!

3 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Typically you can drop off luggage starting around 9:30.  This can vary with ports and with the time the ship got in.  Generally a ship starts boarding around 11.

That's great! Thanks for the information!