Wow sale length

2 minutes ago, bayou cruiser said:

Does this sale typically last one week?  I noticed the rates on the cruise I'm booking have gone up overnight and I'm willing to wait until after this sale, as I think the rates/perks will be better after this sale.  Just my logic, I could be wrong.  

The rates going up most likely had nothing to do with the sale but just an increase based on how the cruise is selling.

You are always best to book as soon as you  have decided on the cruise and then watch for price drops. (Unless if course you are after final payment or don’t live in North America. 

5 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Booked the Harmony sailing March 29, 2020 this morning. Price was the same as on Sunday. Saved net of $151 using the $300

On Board Credit offer instead of our $250 Crown and Anchor discount.

Sorry bad info. Put a hold on our cabin yesterday, then book this morning. Lesser cabin in our category is now priced $626 more then we paid. Still saved the amount previously list with the On Board Credit offer instead of our Crown and Anchor discount.

As soon as the current sale ends, it will be replaced by another. They have been rotating 50% off second guest, 30% off each guest and 60% off second guest for several years now. Waiting guarantees nothing. If you book now and the price does go down, you can get the lower price. However, not every sale includes OBC, so even if the price drops, a lower price with no OBC might not be as good as a higher price with OBC.

I always book the cruise when I'm ready to do it and not wait for another sale. Rates fluctuate so much. For my cruise last summer I was able to upgrade my room twice after booking because the fares kept dropping as it wasn't selling out quickly. The cruise I'm taking in 5 days the fares have done nothing but go up after I booked it. 

These silly sales are all bananas.   I got so tired of the constant emails from Celebrity I unsubscribed.  I did the same thing for RCCL, however, as we have several booked with them, I still get emails about my future sailings months before the sailings.  Ugh, Save up to 40 percent on your excursion, etc...  Again, bananas.   A lot of our cruises we try to book when there is 60 percent off the second guest and sometimes, there is an additional amount because is let's say a father's day event, or St. Patrick's Day or something else stupid, or a provincial discount (we are Canadian) and we put the whole thing in combination in addition to balcony discount and past passenger (I really do not see a discount in that) but it is a job in and of itself just to keep track of the prices.  But we normally come out ahead by watching the game very closely.  Again, bananas that you cannot just book a holiday and forget about it!