Flight Check Time-Delta

Italy52

Every year we purchase our flights early for our cruise. Our flight out of Vancouver is with Delta and we have been experiencing a few minor changes along the way (+/- a few minutes.)  No problem until yesterday when I did my usual spot check.  Unfortunately for us, Delta had changed our departure time to an hour and 15 minutes earlier than our original departure time --- not good timing for us.  I called Delta and explained that the new flight time didn't work for us and neither did any other of their flights for that day.  Since the change time was over an hour, Delta said that they would waive the change fees and redeposit our miles back into DH's account and refund our taxes and fees associated with the original booking.  I quickly hopped over to Alaska and found a flight that would work for us.  Bottom line, we did not get a notification from Delta for the flight change --- had I not been vigilant about checking our flight, I would never had seen the change.  Maybe this would be a good time to check your flight times if you haven't already done so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Every year we purchase our flights early for our cruise. Our flight out of Vancouver is with Delta and we have been experiencing a few minor changes along the way (+/- a few minutes.)  No problem until yesterday when I did my usual spot check.  Unfortunately for us, Delta had changed our departure time to an hour and 15 minutes earlier than our original departure time --- not good timing for us.  I called Delta and explained that the new flight time didn't work for us and neither did any other of their flights for that day.  Since the change time was over an hour, Delta said that they would waive the change fees and redeposit our miles back into DH's account and refund our taxes and fees associated with the original booking.  I quickly hopped over to Alaska and found a flight that would work for us.  Bottom line, we did not get a notification from Delta for the flight change --- had I not been vigilant about checking our flight, I would never had seen the change.  Maybe this would be a good time to check your flight times if you haven't already done so.

I flew Delta to Vancouver from Dallas several years ago for a cruise. (I flew back from Seattle) Delta completely cancelled my flight to Vancouver. I was rescheduled on a much later flight for the same day but in coach instead of 1st class that I had paid for.  They didn't contact me either.  Luckily I decided to check my flight info a few days ahead. I was pretty hot.  When I called they were able to put me on an earlier flight the same day and in 1st class.  It makes me wonder who did the rescheduling. After seeing your post it makes me wonder how often Delta does stuff like this.  By the way, I haven't flown with Delta again - I've used Alaska Air ever since with no issues.

• Like 1

Delta has done this to us, several times in the past few years. I’m just like you and check because I book early too, and that’s how we found out each time. They have never emailed me. We also were pushed out of first class 3 yrs ago, and when I called, they tried to put us on a full plane, in seats in rows 1, 3, 4 and 5. (We had our kids flying with us). I said absolutely not are they seating us all over the plane. I immediately looked up the schedule while they were on the phone with me and found a flight that 1. Had a better schedule and 2. We could at least sit 2 and 2, like originally planned. We don’t fly Delta to Alaska anymore, too many changes happen.

• Like 1

I have always gotten notification from both Delta and American since I book early too.  I have activated this feature in my airline profiles.  So are email notifications not working?  Just so I know for future reference....

2 hours ago, LEtue said:

I have always gotten notification from both Delta and American since I book early too.  I have activated this feature in my airline profiles.  So are email notifications not working?  Just so I know for future reference....

I ALWAYS activate notification as soon as I make reservations.  For some reason, it didn't work last year or this year --- reason why I don't trust.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:07 PM, Italy52 said:

I ALWAYS activate notification as soon as I make reservations.  For some reason, it didn't work last year or this year --- reason why I don't trust.

Oh boy, that's not good!  I will keep a closer eye as this is the time of year that airlines make adjustments.

I did just got a notification from American for my May trip so that one worked at least.  I often use this to my advantage and get the flights I didn't have enough award miles for originally - but this time my return flight changed by only 2 minutes 😏

• Like 1