Biggest Sale of the Decade???

TACoor

The biggest sale that actually reduced prices was when they had the latitude sale during the summer where cruises were actuality 20% off or so. 

pricing for my encore in September is still over inflated by a crazy number so it is a not really a sale 

I've heard a few businesses pull this "Biggest Sale of the Decade" crap, which essentially means nothing more than "First Sale of the Decade".  Each subsequent sale NCL has now seems to be worse than the last, yet is hyped like it's the best sale ever.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TACoor said:

So didn't the decade just start six weeks ago? If so, then it might be the "biggest" so far. But that's not saying much. 

No the decade will end at the end of this year, unless you begin counting with zero. Since you start with 1 tn years will always end in a zero.

• Like 1

Prices on my cruise and others around mine dropped 10-15% this morning.  Would be about $300 less than my price I booked in October.  Don’t know if it’s a price reduction fleet wide or just because I am less than 30 days out but check your pricing.  Sadly I can’t take advantage because they stopped offer quads cabins.  

10 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Prices on my cruise and others around mine dropped 10-15% this morning.  Would be about $300 less than my price I booked in October.  Don’t know if it’s a price reduction fleet wide or just because I am less than 30 days out but check your pricing.  Sadly I can’t take advantage because they stopped offer quads cabins.  

That’s last minute pricing ...... almost every other cruise not in your situation has risen dramatically. 

Well, I feel pretty lucky. Booked my May cruise last June. Made final payment in December. The price dropped over the weekend by a little more than $1000 (this is on two people). I went into travel agent yesterday and was upgraded from Sail away Balcony to Assigned Balcony Mini Suite. I'm pretty happy with that. Nice location also.

Edited by janotay
add on

10 minutes ago, hladygirl said:

Don’t worry everyone! The biggest sale of the decade will probably extend again in 5 hours.

Yea, like the never expiring free at sea promo that is “ending soon”. They should just call it the fake “sale that will last a decade “.

I just checked prices for our TA in April and prices dropped pretty dramatically just in the last few days.   Until now they have been running much higher than what I orginally booked at.    I'm fine with that - I knew when I booked so early there was a chance there would be price drops to fill cabins and I'm sure the corona virus scare is going to make this a bit more challenging than usual.  Any savings I would have realized on the room by waiting would have been offset by  increased airfare back from Rome.  I've emailed my TA (travel agent - not TransAtlantic - lol) and am hoping NCL will give me some type of OBC.