Sky Princess Wifi $9.99/day or $14.99/day for 4 devices?

Cruising Forever!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm preparing to buy wifi internet for an upcoming Sky cruise and I'm a bit confused.  I had the $9.99/day package for myself on Royal last year and I found it to be superb.  But later on I saw that there was an option for up to four devices for $14.99/day.  That seemed like a deal, so I decided to do it on Sky (same offer on their website) this time around so my wife could have internet access as well.  (She wasn't interested on Royal)

When I went to buy the $14.99/day four devices package, it asked me to assign either my wife or I, and this is where I'm confused.  Does the "up to four devices" mean my wife and I would each have coverage on our phones for internet service, or is it (and I don't know how Princess could enforce this) just devices under my name (if assigned to me)?  In other words, my cell, my laptop, etc... but not my wife's cell or laptop?  Again, I can't see how this would be enforced, but on the other hand, why am I asked to check off the names I'm buying this for?  (When you check both names, it doubles the price as if I'm buying four device use, and my wife is buying four device use)

Probably much ado about nothing... but I'd like to know before I buy into it.

Cheers,

Paul 

ps- I was going to ask Princess direct, but I was on hold for 45 minutes the other day, so...

Edited by Cruising Forever!

2 minutes ago, Cruising Forever! said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm preparing to buy wifi internet for an upcoming Sky cruise and I'm a bit confused.  I had the $9.99/day package for myself on Royal last year and I found it to be superb.  But later on I saw that there was an option for up to four devices for $14.99/day.  That seemed like a deal, so I decided to do it on Sky (same offer on their website) this time around so my wife could have internet access as well.  (She wasn't interested on Royal)

When I went to buy the $14.99/day four devices package, it asked me to assign either my wife or I, and this is where I'm confused.  Does the "up to four devices" mean my wife and I would each have coverage on our phones for internet service, or is it (and I don't know how Princess could enforce this) just devices under my name (if assigned to me)?  In other words, my cell, my laptop, etc... but not my wife's cell or laptop?  Again, I can't see how this would be enforced, but on the other hand, why am I asked to check off the names I'm buying this for?  (When you check both names, it doubles the price as if I'm buying four device use, and my wife is buying four device use)

Probably much ado about nothing... but I'd like to know before I buy into it.

Cheers,

Paul 

When?

You can allow anyone to log in for the 4 devices. Doesn't matter who purchased it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

You log in with the cabin number and the dob of the person who purchased it. We are splitting a 4 device package with my in laws who are in another cabin.

The package is for up to four devices in the same stateroom.

The devices used can connect anywhere on the ship.  You can have up to 4 connected all at once.  You just make one order as you were thinking. 

@Cruising Forever!, I am assuming you are not yet Platinum or Elite, so your best deal is pre-cruise via the Personalizer.  Once you become Platinum, do not order internet packages pre-cruise.  Wait until you are on-board and then get them for less with a loyalty discount of 25%.

58 minutes ago, barbaraanne said:

The package is for up to four devices in the same stateroom.

It doesn’t have to be 4 devices in the same stateroom. All you need is the cabin number and dob of the person who bought the package. Princess has no idea who is at the other end of the connected device.