Cozumel 11am-11pm?

Rinderoo

First world dilemma here! 

I've been to Cozumel many times, but never past 5pm. Just looked at the itinerary for my next trip (April 12, HAL NS) and our port time is 11am-11pm.

Been reading that Tulum and the other ruins on the mainland, and the parks, will close at 5-6pm. Not going to head that way. 

What is there to do, besides hang out at a bar, until 11pm? 

I'm game to find some shops, or a restaurant for dinner, close to the pier. 

But what pier will this ship be at this date? I've always gone to Puerta Maya (Carnival Pier.) 

Been browsing the various port boards and can't find the port.  

Thanks for any advice you can give for Cozumel after 5pm. 

Probably put into Punta Langosta arriving that late but it's possible that you wind up at PM - check with the ship schedule at Cozumel Insider.  For restaurants, I can suggest Rolandi's - great sunset and very near PL.  Check the sunset time and make reservations for about 30 minutes prior.  For a romantic dinner, try Casa Mission - cabs are available right outside for the ride back to the ship. Nice romantic vibe with good food - check the reviews.  Guido's is always good - romantic too with a good wine list.  Sorrisi is another romantic Italian spot downtown with very good food. Enjoy the town without a bunch of tourists!

Edited by smokinmike
misspell

Since you've "done" Coz several times, I would definitely choose something in the Riviera Maya (Yucatan Carib coast) over staying on Coz for 12 hours! There are great excursions through your ship if you like that secure feeling, and even better independent operators for those willing to go on their own. With your extended port time you have a rare opportunity to explore some of the natural beauty that is the Riviera Maya. Look at excursions that include the Tulum ruins, a cenote like the Cenote Gran or Azul, or Rio Secreto which is much closer to Playa del Carmen. If you are not that adventurous look at Xcaret and Xplor, both excellent experiences.

You can still return to the ship to shower and then enjoy a nice dinner on Coz after an amazing day that you can share with your friends!!! Many less adventurous fellow cruise mates staying on Coz will also go out for the evening, but will not have the memories you can share...

Edited by blue_water

Meant to add you can also catch the Danza de los Voladores, or Palo Volador in the Parques Fundadores right near the Playa del Carmen ferry terminal before you ferry back to Coz. It is a must-see for the first time, and if you are there after 6PM you can also see the fire dancers. 

Great entertainment just a short walk from the ferry pier...Perfect way to end your day in the Riviera Maya!

https://everythingplayadelcarmen.com/park-fundadores-just-keeps-reinventing-itself/