Future Cruise Certificate booking experiences

kelmac

Just wondering how much success you are having with your "Future Cruise Certificate"?  All of us that missed visiting Ocean Cay this fall received a FCC in the amount equal to 20% of what you paid for the fall booking.  Our's was equal to $630.  We booked a basic cabin for 14 days next December about a month ago, and we have not received our updated invoice showing the Certificate discount.  My TA called after two weeks and they said it would take another week.  He called back and they said it could take as long as six weeks.

Anyone have better results?  Our first two cruises with MSC were in the Yacht Club and it was a great experience, but dealing with MSC can be very frustrating.

What's it like for you?

Kel

I haven't applied the 20% Ocean Cay credit to a cruise yet, but I had one from another cruise.  It took them about three or four months after I requested it to get it credited to the sailing I wanted.  If your sailing is close they will do it faster.  I requested it about six months out and after questioning it a couple times was told they do it in a "put out the current fires first" manor.  I only insisted they get it done by final payment, which they did.

Edited by Até

We had a similar issue with a 10 percent discount.  It took about four months to see the discount.  I was told that since I wasn't going for a year, I was at the bottom of the pile and as it became closer to travel, my turn would come. They told me that the discount appeared to be legit and I would eventually process it.   I was also told that they were overwhelmed by the discount offer and they were not prepared.  I expect the same thing has happened here.  After three phone calls and several e-mails, my invoice including the discount, magically appeared one day.  

I booked a cruise in mid January for a cruise next week using the 20% off we received at Thanksgiving.  Because no one seemed to have any knowledge of the credit and we never received anything official from MSC after the cruise, I called MSC and booked the cruise directly through them rather than with my TA.  When the phone rep (who was working out of her home) didn't know what I was talking about, I insisted she connect me to the supervisor she was communicating with via her computer while she was dealing with me on the phone.  The supervisor named Jazmin was the best MSC rep I've ever experienced when calling them.  She did know what  I was talking about, and the credit was applied the same day I booked the cruise--I think for us it was over $800 off the next cruise.  She told me if I accessed my booking that day, it would show that I had a balance due, but only for a few hours until the credit was processed.  I would say it was within two hours that our booking showed as "paid in full." It makes no sense that you would have to wait weeks for the credit to show up.  I'd call and insist on talking to a supervisor.  Just allot enough time for the dreaded hold times.  Best time to call is at 8 AM when they open.

Call right at their opening (Eastern time!) so no long 'hold'. SOME agents know what you are talking about. I had to call a few times until an agent knew what to do while I was on the phone. (Others had tried to tell me the credit would appear within 24 hours- but of course never happened). Your 'voucher' # is your original Booking #. The agent will contact the Supervisor- who will verify that you cruised during the Ocean Cay delay. My credit appeared on my September '20 booking within 5 minutes. Keep trying- worth it!

Thanks Everyone for you input.  Very Italian -- as the person with the largest perceived problem, who brings out the drama, will move to the front of the line.  It's not the way I would do business, but hey, it's not my cruise company.  I love Italy and all that implies, so I will hold on for now and generate some drama of my own, down the road.  

Enjoy!

Kel😉

Hey Gang,

Maybe MSC read this thread, as today my recalibrated invoice just arrived and we are all set.  The dollar amount was off a bit, and for some reason they killed my Black Card status and I'm no longer Diamond, but it's close enough and a great deal.

Thanks for all your input,

Kel😃

• Like 1