Rented a car, where to go?

AK Dreaming

We too have rented a jeep for the day.

I downloaded MAPSME , and there are  some points of interest mapped out on there, with directions from the port. You can choose what interests  you. We want to visit a few beaches but also see the bridge, and Arikok National park. 

Very helpful app. 
here is a map of the island.

aruba-map-1.jpg

We did 10 days in Aruba in December and rented a car during that time.  It came with GPS, which was awesome for getting around.  I echo the suggestions of the Natural Rock Formations, and the Aloe Factory. If you want an easy, one day ride , I would  suggest the California Lighthouse for great views, and the Alto Vista Chapel, where you can also do a walk into the cactus terrain.  Add in the Casibari Rock Formations, it's an easy climb to another great view.  If you want a fun dining experience try to find Zeerovers Bar, in the Saveneta neighbourhood.  They serve fresh catch of the day, and shrimp, the whole experience there is super fun, and reasonably priced!  You can also drive to a parking lot in Oranjestad and taking in some shops.  If you are an adventurous driver, and have an off road jeep,  the Arikok National Park is a great trip.  I'm not sure how far you could go in with a regular vehicle, it's pretty rough, but but there are caves, interesting landmarks, rugged scenery, and if you are adventurous/ in good shape you can swim in a Natural Pool which is really a unique experience.  Also, even if you are not a beach person I suggest stopping by a couple of beaches, you will pass many as you drive.  Maybe start the day with a coffee at the beach!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, son3cruisers said:

We too have rented a jeep for the day.

I downloaded MAPSME , and there are  some points of interest mapped out on there, with directions from the port. You can choose what interests  you. We want to visit a few beaches but also see the bridge, and Arikok National park. 

Very helpful app. 
here is a map of the island.

aruba-map-1.jpg

Thank you!

If renting a car, Where would you start first to beat the masses and work back too?

or

Is a Jeep a better option?

Do the Jeeps have AC? Or are they the more off road type without doors like some of the tours?

We like to get off the ship early and try and beat some of the tours to the better places.

OP, Hope you don't mind, figure it would give you some ideas too.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of good advice on places to go on here already.

We've been to Aruba several times and done a few land vacations and have just about done it all. LOL

Here's a link to my Aruba portion of my website. Maybe you could look around and see if anything interests you.

I agree 100% with the mapsme someone mentioned. We use it all the time and works great. Aruba is known for not having street signs up (especially when you get out of the rural area) and you can't depend on looking for a sign. Mapsme is awesome!

• Like 1