Balcony Guarantee

queenschick9b

I've received a room assignment on a Thursday before a Sunday sailing. Have not experienced getting a lower category than I booked. I was paranoid when we got to the final week without an assignment as well, so I understand. Other guarantees are being assigned as well so room shifting is usually going on. Have fun! I just got back, but would love to go again right now, lol. 

Edited by blueslily

While I have never booked a GTY cabin, I have participated in the upgrade bidding process.  Sometimes the new cabin they assigned me was listed on my "MyNCL" page online, you know the one where you do the check in process, before I received any email with my successful upgrade bid acceptance. Check there first.

You will always get a balcony or better with a GTY balcony, however, the location is a total crapshoot. Have a wonderful cruise!

6 hours ago, OnTheGoMom921 said:

While I have never booked a GTY cabin, I have participated in the upgrade bidding process.  Sometimes the new cabin they assigned me was listed on my "MyNCL" page online, you know the one where you do the check in process, before I received any email with my successful upgrade bid acceptance. Check there first.

You will always get a balcony or better with a GTY balcony, however, the location is a total crapshoot. Have a wonderful cruise!

thank you - that is where I am checking because I need to print out new edocs since it is so close.  

13 hours ago, queenschick9b said:

I switched to a balcony guarantee on my ship.  I leave on Sunday and still don’t have my assignment.  Has anyone ever gotten to the pier and they get a lower category cabin than they paid for?  Am I just being paranoid? 

12 hours ago, waterjock said:

A guarantee balcony is the worst you can get. I got a aft balcony or you might get a upgrade so relax and enjoy.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I think the whole point of calling it a GUARANTEE is that you are GUARANTEED to at least get the category you booked or better. I don't think they would legally be allowed to assign you a lower room category than what you booked....

A bunch of years back, 2015 or so,  had a guaranteed Mini Suite.  We were leaving on a Sunday, the Friday before we were notified that we were now going to have a regular balcony.  Had to have my TA fight with them for the entire day before they moved us back to a Mini Suite.  When we got to our room , they had the shore excursion tickets in it for someone else.  For that reason I no longer book GTY rooms.  Best of luck

13 hours ago, queenschick9b said:

I switched to a balcony guarantee on my ship.  I leave on Sunday and still don’t have my assignment.  Has anyone ever gotten to the pier and they get a lower category cabin than they paid for?  Am I just being paranoid? 

You will not get a lower category than  you paid for, BUT IMO some of the cabins in higher categories are less desirable than those in lower categories. Make sure when you get your assignment to check the deck plans to see the category of your assigned cabin.

We booked an obstructed OV once, and got upgraded to the highest OC category, in a horrible location, it was an upgrade but upgrade doesn't always mean better. In fact if I had been assigned the aft balcony that someone mentioned above I would have been very disappointed because I hate being anywhere in the aft part of the ship.

Edited by zqvol

4 hours ago, queenschick9b said:

thank you - that is where I am checking because I need to print out new edocs since it is so close.  

Don't worry about new edocs. They are just to get you in the building to check in, your current ones are fine for that and for showing all of your amenities. The only thing that you might want new edocs for would be luggage tags but you can always get those from the porters at the pier.