Price drop

pmck

What has been your experience with how RC handles price drops?  So far our May, 2020 FOS cruise has dropped over $600 since we booked it about a month ago. My TA said that I was going to get some cash back since the first reduction was more than 90 days out.  Today, when my TA called, she said that they may upgrade our room.  My question, do I need to call while the price is down now? Or should I wait to see if it continues to drop?  My concern is that if it goes back up, we won't see any upgrade.

Thanks in advance!!

Patti

6 minutes ago, pmck said:

What has been your experience with how RC handles price drops?  So far our May, 2020 FOS cruise has dropped over $600 since we booked it about a month ago. My TA said that I was going to get some cash back since the first reduction was more than 90 days out.  Today, when my TA called, she said that they may upgrade our room.  My question, do I need to call while the price is down now? Or should I wait to see if it continues to drop?  My concern is that if it goes back up, we won't see any upgrade.

Thanks in advance!!

Patti

You are last final payment.  Your only hope is for an upgrade.  It could drop more but it could go up. If you can upgrade at a price you like then do it. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are last final payment.  Your only hope is for an upgrade.  It could drop more but it could go up. If you can upgrade at a price you like then do it. 

yes, she said they could upgrade our spacious room balcony to mid ship, instead of more "aft" where we are.  I'd really like to see a 2 bedroom balcony if possible, since we are traveling with our daughter.  I did call again..we shall see!! 

5 minutes ago, pmck said:

yes, she said they could upgrade our spacious room balcony to mid ship, instead of more "aft" where we are.  I'd really like to see a 2 bedroom balcony if possible, since we are traveling with our daughter.  I did call again..we shall see!! 

The best way to see about an upgrade is to do a fake booking on Royals site.  If you see a cabin in a higher category than yours at or close to the price that you originally paid for your cabin then you can upgrade by paying the difference in price.  

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The best way to see about an upgrade is to do a fake booking on Royals site.  If you see a cabin in a higher category than yours at or close to the price that you originally paid for your cabin then you can upgrade by paying the difference in price.  

yeah, I'm not going to lay out any more money. If they propose an upgrade for the price I paid, and we like it..we'll take it.