Dinner Reservations before Boarding?

Debate

Do you book dinner reservations prior to boarding?  If so, how do you decide which nights to book?  We would like to do a Chef's Dinner and Wine Dinner if they are available and don't want to miss whatever night lobster/steak is served in the MDR.  We are are party of 3 (myself, husband and 12 year old daughter) cruising Club Class on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise - will we be seated at a table by ourselves in the MDR or with others? 

26 minutes ago, Debate said:

Do you book dinner reservations prior to boarding?  If so, how do you decide which nights to book?  We would like to do a Chef's Dinner and Wine Dinner if they are available and don't want to miss whatever night lobster/steak is served in the MDR.  We are are party of 3 (myself, husband and 12 year old daughter) cruising Club Class on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise - will we be seated at a table by ourselves in the MDR or with others? 

Chef's Table (CT) can't be booked before you board.

Never done the "wine dinner" (don't drink wine), but I'm fairly sure that also can't be booked before you board. Also, which ship? I think the wine dinner is only on Royal class ships.

Club class will generally seat your party at a table all to yourselves unless you request to sit with others. However, from what I've observed, most of the CC tables are 2 or 4 tops. Club Class is a section of the MDR, off to one side, with a "rope barrier". The rest of the MDR can see you, but can't cross the barrier.

If you don't want to miss the steak/lobster night, ask to see the week's menus when you go to your first dinner.

Go to Passenger Services as soon as you board and ask to be on the waiting lists for CT and the wine. They usually fill up fast. Only 12 for the CT.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

For the Chef's Table contact the Dine Line as soon as you board. If your room is not available then go to the front desk and they will let you phone from there. Some people indicate that the Matre D' can also handle it but they probably just contact the dine line at a later time.

There may be more than 1 seating on longer cruises. Price is about $95 depending on ship and if you want wine.

Edited by denmarks