Live Jewel 17th Feb 2020, A last minute change of plan.

kernow

3 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Question?? Some men have white head gear, some have red. Does that mean anything, or just a fashion statement??

I think it probably does mean something but I don't know what! Perhaps someone else can answer. I think the men look great in these outfits.

So far all of the shows in the theatre have been after dinner. Last night we went to see the headliner Ryan Molloy who played Frankie Valli in the West End version of Jersey Boys. It was a very enjoyable show, worth seeing if you like this kind of music.

This morning we have just done a bridge tour, we were extremely lucky as we saw a pod of dolphins playing around the ship while we were up there. Unfortunately I  didn't catch a photo.

Apparently during the night we returned to Doha for a medical emergency, we slept through it!

2 hours ago, Suzieanna said:

Hi    I heard that kettles and dressing gowns are no longer available in normal balcony cabins.   Is this true?

it looks like you are having a good time!   thanks for letting us come along with you.

There is no kettle in our cabin  but we haven't asked for one so don't know if we could get one if we wanted. We asked the steward for robes and had them the first night.

54 minutes ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Does anyone know if The Pearl is worth a visit? Thanks for the info on the shuttle and walking/safety, it’s given us a lot of confidence for our trip. 

Sorry I don't know anything about the Pearl. Think you will enjoy Doha, most people we've spoken to enjoyed it as much as us.

3 hours ago, Suzieanna said:

Hi    I heard that kettles and dressing gowns are no longer available in normal balcony cabins.   Is this true?

it looks like you are having a good time!   thanks for letting us come along with you.

Kettles in all cabins on deck 9 and 10,  We asked and received on deck 7.

Bathrobes are now on request only. Ask and ye shall receive.

Are you a member of the other site for all you neeed to know?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kernow said:

Sorry I don't know anything about the Pearl. Think you will enjoy Doha, most people we've spoken to enjoyed it as much as us.

Great thanks so much. We were going to book a tour for 4 hours going around the city but are now going to find our own way, really appreciate your posts 😎

1 hour ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, are you able to purchase duty free bottles of spirits to take home? Thanks janice

Yes the duty free shop is open on board, and of course there is the duty free at DXB. 
Know your prices though. Often they are cheaper on special in Tesco! 

1 hour ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Great thanks so much. We were going to book a tour for 4 hours going around the city but are now going to find our own way, really appreciate your posts 😎

Go to the National Museum. It is superb. Very modern architecture... and some passing camels. 

E6AB0202-4B8D-4ABC-BFB1-16C6C330DBE0.jpeg

660C6961-FA0F-49AD-AFD6-CDA5E2F2E1C2.jpeg

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yes the duty free shop is open on board, and of course there is the duty free at DXB. 
Know your prices though. Often they are cheaper on special in Tesco! 

Thanks, the prices were high in Dubai airport when we were there in January but if we have time I’ll check again

6 hours ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, are you able to purchase duty free bottles of spirits to take home? Thanks janice

Yes, we actually looked in the shops yesterday as we have some non refundable  obc to use up. If you let me know which spirits you are interested in I'll look for the price. We have just arrived in Abu Dhabi this morning and don't leave until tomorrow night so they won't open again until then.

So last night we had to collect our passports which the ship has been holding in order to go through immigration this morning in the terminal. We then had to get a ticket for a time slot to get off this morning. We got group 6, 9.15 am. Not sure if they will run to time so off to get ready now.

1582257406773176175854551480921.jpg

We went to the Top Tier party last night at 5pm. LA is Simone who seems very nice, she had taken us on the bridge tour earlier.

I was surprised that the C and A numbers were not as high as I was expecting, approx 800 in total. 180 ish Diamond. 87 Diamond plus and 18 Pinnacle. Diamond plus are not allowed in the CL but considering these numbers their explanations are just an excuse. Wish they would be honest and just make a new rule across the board.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, we actually looked in the shops yesterday as we have some non refundable  obc to use up. If you let me know which spirits you are interested in I'll look for the price. We have just arrived in Abu Dhabi this morning and don't leave until tomorrow night so they won't open again until then.

Hi, we are interested in brandy we also have obc to use so hoping their prices are reasonable. Thanks for the review we are picking up many useful tips for our cruise in March, Janice 

2 hours ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, we are interested in brandy we also have obc to use so hoping their prices are reasonable. Thanks for the review we are picking up many useful tips for our cruise in March, Janice 

Shops are open tonight so just checked for you (and treated myself to a bag). The Courvoisier without a price is 43.99 or 2 for 70. Think you can read the prices on all the others.

20200221_185422.jpg

20200221_185340.jpg

20200221_185323.jpg

20200221_185317.jpg

3 hours ago, kernow said:

Shops are open tonight so just checked for you (and treated myself to a bag). The Courvoisier without a price is 43.99 or 2 for 70. Think you can read the prices on all the others.

20200221_185422.jpg

20200221_185340.jpg

20200221_185323.jpg

20200221_185317.jpg

Great thanks, it’s good to know we can buy our drink onboard with free money, janice