Confused with HAL wine bottle package

Fleetpeter

Rather than buying a beverage package on HAL we’re going for a 6 bottle wine package. On the site it lists a good number of wines available in each package...and I assumed that you could select which ones you preferred eg. Rioja or Malbec etc. When I reached the point of pre ordering it asks whether I want the package delivered to your stateroom or dining room. Does this mean that the wines in the 6 pack will be selected by HAL which seems rather odd - or have I missed something ?

2 minutes ago, Fleetpeter said:

Rather than buying a beverage package on HAL we’re going for a 6 bottle wine package. On the site it lists a good number of wines available in each package...and I assumed that you could select which ones you preferred eg. Rioja or Malbec etc. When I reached the point of pre ordering it asks whether I want the package delivered to your stateroom or dining room. Does this mean that the wines in the 6 pack will be selected by HAL which seems rather odd - or have I missed something ?

You buy the package and then select which wine you want when you order.  

You don’t select all the wines at once unless you want to on board.  You select as you order.

Personally, I don’t pre-order as I like to make sure the wines I like are in stock.  That isn’t always the case and could make you want a different package depending on your taste.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

• Like 1

We find it less hassle and better success by just waiting until evening 1 in the MDR.  Buy the package from the wine steward and he/she is good about helping you choose what works best with the packages and what's actually available onboard.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We find it less hassle and better success by just waiting until evening 1 in the MDR.  Buy the package from the wine steward and he/she is good about helping you choose what works best with the packages and what's actually available onboard.

With one exception, this is what I do as well.  I try to order the package soon after I embark and request what bottle I want served at dinner that first night.  I have found that doing this results in somewhat quicker service by the Wine Steward because he/she now what you want and have it at their station ready to serve.  (This works best if one has a fixed seating for dinner.)

34 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

With one exception, this is what I do as well.  I try to order the package soon after I embark and request what bottle I want served at dinner that first night.  I have found that doing this results in somewhat quicker service by the Wine Steward because he/she now what you want and have it at their station ready to serve.  (This works best if one has a fixed seating for dinner.)

Perfect method. And it works in open seating too 🙂 It will not be at the station, but it will be quite nearby and at the right temperature.