Cruise "personality"-how do you know if its right for you? Cancellation???

norjus

You certainly could get stressed reading the BS in these boards.

your crise lines web site or TA should have a helpfull list of suggested items to pack, but don't get hung up on that. It's your vaca. enjoy it and don't forget the shorts:D

My sister has a 15 and 16 year old (both girls) and they are going on their thrid cruise ini April- the girls LOVE!!! it- they also did the all-inclusive at Beaches but like cruising better- they get involved with all the other teenagers on board and have a ball- and since they are contained on the ship their parents feel very safe on there whereabouts- the girsl say they would pick cruising over the land all inclusive anyday!!! good luck

Hi I did the same thing with our first cruise last Easter. We had alway's done land vacation's before. It was hard to know what to expect? We have teen's also. I wanted to cancel many times and rebook a land vacation. We ended up having so much fun that I booked another one right after we got back for this year. I booked the Caribbean Princess also. My teen's are so excited, the cruise is the only thing they talk about these day's. They met so many people and had soooo much fun. It's a great family vacation you will love it!

My girls are high energy teens and love cruises....they love port days the most....getting to see new places and do new things.....kayaking, snorkeling, tubing...but they also love the beach time....just make sure you know one good beach at each port and you will be fine.,..if you can't find one take a ship excursion that is a beach break...

My sisters teen boys don't even want to leave the ship when they go they want to hang out with the new people they meet.

As for hubby and I ... my hubby is disabled and the cruise is the way to go...no driving for him...it makes him hurt more.....and we still get to see more places.....I just need a book, chair and a drink and I'm good for the day.....

You will Love it.

If you like to travel, remember that a cruise travels more than a resort, then you will like cruising. You can lay down anywhere on a ship or on a beach. By the way ships go to islands that have beaches. Go for the day, relax have a drink. Watch the kids,,,,,, probably fight. I had 3 teens for a cruise so I can say that. On a ship let them loose, where are they going to go? Relax, are resorts perfect? Neither are creuises, and from what I've heard from resorters, who've cruised, food, entertainment and variety of things to do are much better on a cruise. I really want your review cause I know you're not going to cancel.

As a few times cruiser, I'd say "Go for it". The itinerary you have booked is a good cruise to start with. St Maarten and St Thomas are really nice ports. Princess Cays will give you a nice beach day. You'll have 2 sea days to enjoy the amenities of the ship.

Don't sweat the packing. It'll be mostly shorts and comfortable clothes. You don't have to do the dress-up thing if you don't care to. You can go to the buffet instead of the dining room. But if you don't mind dressing up once or twice, the dining room is a nice leisurely dinner. If your young men don't want to dress up, they can go to the buffet while you and DH have a quiet meal in the dining room and meet some other cruisers.

A cruise allows you to participate as much or as little as YOU want. That is one of the nicest things about it. Go with an open mind, and expect to have a great time.

If, after it is over, you didn't like it, you'll be able to say "been there, done that, and not for me." I'd be surprised if you don't have a good experience.

Archived