Summit Expedited Boarding via App. on iPhone

Treacher1

It was easy enough to complete all information for expedited boarding using the Celebrity App.  The strange thing is - it lists MY boarding time as 2:30 and my wife's boarding time at 3:00.  Now that does not make too much sense - we have always boarded Celebrity Summit in Cape Liberty by 11 or 11:30 a.m.  Since we signed up for this expedited boarding - does that mean we CANNOT board till 2:30 and 3:00.  If so, what is the point?  We like to board early - it is like an extra day of vacation.  Please advise if you were able to board in a.m. and a different time than you expedited pass states.  Hoping to board for an early lunch - as we always did sailing on the Summit.  Thanks for any input from someone using the expedited pass on the iPhone.

Currently on the Summit.  We boarded in San Juan so your experience may be different.  Our boarding time was 5 pm on the app.  We arrived at 11.  Followed the expedite arrival signs.  Stopped maybe a minute so they could scan the app.  10 minutes at security.  Dropped carry on in cabin collected keys on door.  Total time less than 15 minutes, most of that at security - wheelchair can't use machine.  

The boarding time the X APP is a suggested time. Our suggested boarding time on the Equinox on 1/25/20 was 12 noon. We arrived at 10AM and were onboard by 10:45AM. It did surprise me with the big push to use the X APP for ones boarding pass that all they really wanted to see was our printed out Express Pass.

We've just returned from a week on the Summit. I had to laugh at our arrival times on the app. Mine was 4:30, hubby 4:00, my brother 3:00, his wife 4:30.  We took a taxi from our hotel in San Juan at approx 12:10 and we were on the pool deck after stopping at our cabins to drop our carryons by 12:50.  So fast!!! It was amazing.

2 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

It was easy enough to complete all information for expedited boarding using the Celebrity App.  The strange thing is - it lists MY boarding time as 2:30 and my wife's boarding time at 3:00.  Now that does not make too much sense - we have always boarded Celebrity Summit in Cape Liberty by 11 or 11:30 a.m.  Since we signed up for this expedited boarding - does that mean we CANNOT board till 2:30 and 3:00.  If so, what is the point?  We like to board early - it is like an extra day of vacation.  Please advise if you were able to board in a.m. and a different time than you expedited pass states.  Hoping to board for an early lunch - as we always did sailing on the Summit.  Thanks for any input from someone using the expedited pass on the iPhone.

Don't worry about it.   Go to your and your wife's boarding pass.   Click the pencil next to the boarding time and select what time you wish.

In reality you can show up whenever you wish and they will not reject you.   I usually show up at 11:30 and almost always board immediately.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

My upcoming cruise is the first time using the Celebrity App and to Check-In with it.  I had my desired time with expedited.  My boyfriend (same cabin as me) did his and the time was hours later with expedited.  I couldn't change it via the app but was able to change his time to match mine through the Celebrity website.  My mom and dad's cabin, when I checked them in with the App, my mom shows expedited but my dad does not even though everything is correct and filled in.  No idea why but reading through Celebrity's FAQ, as long as one person has, all can be expedited.  We all have priority boarding but wanted to take advantage of the App and expedited boarding to see if it's any different.  I have another cabin of family to check in so it will be interesting to see how their Express Passes show.  

Edited by PinkSandGirl

Thanks for all the information all of you provided.  I DID go on the website and was able to change our times to 1:00 (the earliest available shown).  So we are both expedited at 1:00 - but will show up around 10:30 or 11:00 and get on board early as we always do!!  

• Like 1