ES Price Protection Form ?

EmmasNana

I have filled out a price protection form for an increase in OBC offered (price is the same). I an not sure if this is still the way it is done on carnival. I was thinking that we used to get an auto reply that the form was rcvd. I did not get one so am wondering if this is still the way price drops are done or something else?

I am surprise you got approved. What is the secret? The last 3 times I've done it they rejected it and then I called and they were happily able to update it for me so I was right about the price being lower. I've tried both the price with and without taxes/port charges in case that was it. I  never had problems in the past, only recently.

5 minutes ago, M2LR said:

I am surprise you got approved. What is the secret? The last 3 times I've done it they rejected it and then I called and they were happily able to update it for me so I was right about the price being lower. I've tried both the price with and without taxes/port charges in case that was it. I  never had problems in the past, only recently.

I don't know. All I did was fill out the form and send it. They gave me the additional OBC and lowered my price by $20. I still do not know how they got that price drop. I don't see it.

36 minutes ago, M2LR said:

The only time I have ever not gotten a price protection form approved was when I was trying to match to a Resident rate. I ended up calling and was told that the online form cannot be used to match to those rates. Not sure why, but I’m guessing your situation was similar with what we rate you were trying to match to. Generally, as long as you are matching to the exact same category (down to the number within the room type; i.e. an 8C balcony to an 8C balcony and not an 8A balcony), it should be approved with no problems. 

7 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

The only time I have ever not gotten a price protection form approved was when I was trying to match to a Resident rate. I ended up calling and was told that the online form cannot be used to match to those rates. Not sure why, but I’m guessing your situation was similar with what we rate you were trying to match to. Generally, as long as you are matching to the exact same category (down to the number within the room type; i.e. an 8C balcony to an 8C balcony and not an 8A balcony), it should be approved with no problems. 

On one of my cruises, i noticed a VIFP/past guest rate. when i submitted the form, it was not approved for some reason. when i called up carnival, they adjusted the rate with no problems. i think the price protection form only approves if the sale/promo kinda matches what you have

8 minutes ago, M2LR said:

I was just matching early saver to early saver. Maybe I am just cursed. The phone reps are so nice I really should just go that route every time.

That’s how I do it. It doesn’t take long and there are no misunderstandings.