QM2 Arrival on Fremantle Ports Webcam

bluemarble

Here's a screen capture of QM2's arrival in Fremantle this morning from one of the Fremantle Ports webcams (found on fremantleports.com.au). Not sure how well a panoramic view like this will work within a Cruise Critic post, but here goes. Hope things can get back to a semblance of normal now for QM2's circumnavigation of Australia and the rest of her world voyage.

https://storage.roundshot.com/5b3c79de7145a4.91097248/2020-02-18/06-10-00/2020-02-18-06-10-00_half.jpg

Edit: Changing to a link to the original image to prevent any copyright issues.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, safarigal said:

It's nice to be in a port again!

Welcome safari girl. I hope you and your friend got the flights sorted out and you enjoy your time in Perth and Fremantle. My husband and I are going down to the port today to check out The Queen as we have never actually seen her in person. 

Julie

3 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Welcome safari girl. I hope you and your friend got the flights sorted out and you enjoy your time in Perth and Fremantle. My husband and I are going down to the port today to check out The Queen as we have never actually seen her in person. 

Julie

QM2 is a beautiful ship, I do hope you like her looks! We are still trying to finalize my friends flights..........

17 minutes ago, safarigal said:

QM2 is a beautiful ship, I do hope you like her looks! We are still trying to finalize my friends flights..........

Good luck with the flights.

I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and it isn't too windy in Fremantle. We call it Freezemantle sometimes because the wind can be quite brisk 😊. It is warmer in Perth. Mind you on really hot days we welcome the breeze and then we call it the Fremantle Doctor because it makes us feel better.

Julie

They should be OK:

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml

Actually quite humid for Perth/Freo at the moment. Been weird weather, with cooler mornings and the heat hanging around into the evenings. The last couple of summers were quite cool, but this one cranked up the heat a few times.

Not the best weather at the moment, but I am sure the QM2ers are happy to be land bound for a while. BTW good view of the ship here:

https://www.fremantleports.com.au/the-port/harbourcams/harbourcam-2

Depending on which direction it is facing, you may have to wait for it to pan around.

Edited by BulldustHHH

We went for a wander to check her out and your right safari girl she is a lovely ship. We had fun trying to guess our deck and the approximate site for our room.

Bulldust will you get to see her? We noticed a Channel 7 news crew doing a feature on her while we were there. You're right it was quite hot and humid even in Fremantle. 

We bumped into one couple from the ship in a shop and they were very happy to be finally in a port, though they commented they understood why and rather that then in quarantine somewhere.

Julie

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a link to this morning's webcam shot of QM2 arriving back in Fremantle (from fremantleports.com.au).

https://storage.roundshot.com/5b3c79de7145a4.91097248/2020-03-14/06-00-00/2020-03-14-06-00-00_half.jpg

Here's hoping the rest of the voyage back to Southampton goes relatively smoothly.

I hope the same for everyone though we won't be on her as Cunard have emailed to say they are cancelling the rest of the voyage. 

Safari girl and Roy thank you for your blog posts as I have enjoyed reading them and safe journey home.

Julie