Joe Kenda High Seas Heist

Rascal1

Hi,

Has anyone done the Joe Kenda High Seas Heist? Is it a mystery that you can do by yourself throughout the cruise at your own leisure  or is it a group led activity with a princess rep? Would you recommend it?

Thanks. 

Have experienced it twice.  Once on an Alaskan cruise where the activity was spread out over a couple of days.  On our recent Hawaiian cruise, the event was held one night in the Wheelhouse.  Both times, it was facilitated by Princess staff.  Both times it was the same mystery.  Hubby and I didn’t participate once we saw it was the same mystery.  Too fast paced to be enjoyed in one hour and the winning team had obviously participated before.  

It it was entertaining but wouldn’t pay extra for it.

4 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Too fast paced to be enjoyed in one hour and the winning team had obviously participated before.

I would think this will happen more and more unless they start charging. There are always those who will ruin things for others. I fail to understand the thrill of "winning" by cheating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I would think this will happen more and more unless they start charging. There are always those who will ruin things for others. I fail to understand the thrill of "winning" by cheating.

Agree.  And, it was soo obvious!  But, they got the coveted Princess coaster!

We did it on a recent cruise and thought it was great fun. It was spread out over a few days. You'd get a clue one day and then had to complete that clue to get another clue the next day. One day I was scheduled to be off the ship at the time the clue was to be delivered and they sent it to my room. Finally all participants gathered on the last day to turn in their guesses. It was a fairly large crowd and only two people got it right. Those two people got a bottle of champagne. Not only did I find the game fun, there was another benefit. Each participant was given a manila envelope with background information, etc. We'd carry them around the ship and had an instance icebreaker with other passengers. I liked it so well I even included a comment about it in my post-cruise survey asking that they repeat it with different case scenarios.

2 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Agree.  And, it was soo obvious!  But, they got the coveted Princess coaster!

We have a set of 6! So far, the only who has used them is our youngest grandchild who thought they were fun to "flap around" and found them "chewable".