$25 Drink Package at Half Moon Cay

jaenobe

Question regarding the $25 drink package for 15 drinks on Half moon cay.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3145...

Per this link it says that you can purchase for $25 drink up to 15. Does anyone know if this is true and also is it real alcoholic drinks or do you need to be part of the Villas or Cabanas. Seems pretty low for carnival to offer such a deal it comes out to about $1.70 per alcoholic or non alcoholic drink. 

My group of 11 is just wondering and needed to verify this information. 

Thanks in advance.

It has been recently added, and occasionally discussed here. It has nothing to do with the Cabanas...if you get the Butler package (only available on HAL), you get unlimited alcoholic beverages. But as Carnival doesn't do the Butler package, you could do a drink package in a Cabana. Or, in your case, as a group of 11, book the Oasis...it also comes with unlimited drinks.

I am sure it is "real" alcoholic beverages.

• 2 months later...

Beware if you're thinking of buying this. We had it for a recent cruise. The bars take a while to be set up (everything has to be carried over from the ship), the choices are limited and by 1pm (for 2:30pm last tender), the only bar that was still open could only provide some random made-up drink because there was nothing left. We wouldn't purchase it again (and I'm kicking myself that I didn't remember to mention it in my survey)

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 11:50 PM, Belgian fry said:

Beware if you're thinking of buying this. We had it for a recent cruise. The bars take a while to be set up (everything has to be carried over from the ship), the choices are limited and by 1pm (for 2:30pm last tender), the only bar that was still open could only provide some random made-up drink because there was nothing left. We wouldn't purchase it again (and I'm kicking myself that I didn't remember to mention it in my survey)

We're you on HAL or Carnival?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:26 AM, jlocole said:

It shows up on HALs already booked page.  I am going to buy it once on board using an OBC.

It includes water too so I am going to get a couple and bring back to the ship.

And it is only good on HMC.

I would call ahead before just planning on using OBC for this, my experience is anything in port will not be able to be used with OBC because, well you are not On Board. Your milage may vary.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:50 PM, Belgian fry said:

Your situation is a rarity. most ships spend a lot more time on the island. My next sailing is there 8am-8:15pm. So $25 is a deal in most cases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...