Teen club activities on Liberty of the Seas

Tasm3n

We are sailing in July and my child (yes she sent me here) has questions about the teen club.  She'll be a fresh 12 when we sail and able to go to the teen club.  She's mostly experienced the DCL clubs and their free range kidding (kids aren't required to do activities when they happen).  Her question is:  What should she expect from the teen club on LotS? I saw they do activities but are the kids required to participate or can they just hangout in the club area if they want.

She will still have organized activities....it's really the 16 and up that don't have much in the way of organization....for THAT age group, it's mainly where they meet other in their age group.  No worries!  She may meet others and do stuff on their own, but there will be fun things for her age to do that is supervised!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

She will still have organized activities....it's really the 16 and up that don't have much in the way of organization....for THAT age group, it's mainly where they meet other in their age group.  No worries!  She may meet others and do stuff on their own, but there will be fun things for her age to do that is supervised!

Great! She's beyond excited.

7 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We will be on Liberty March 1 with a 12 yo and I will see if I can let you know what it was like.  She was in the Teen club on Anthem over Thanksgiving and had a good time.

That would be incredible.  Thank you!

We were on Liberty in January and my 13 year old had a great time.  Make sure your teen is at the meet and greet on the 1st night - this is the best way for her to meet the other kids.  

There are organized activities but the kids can either participate or not.  My son had a group that sometimes did their own thing but also did a lot of the organized stuff.  If you are doing the internet package, she can exchange numbers and use WhatsApp to keep in touch with them (and you) - This worked really well for us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are on Liberty now and the teen club is very active.  They have every sea day packed with things for the teens to do.  My granddaughter is have a wonderful time meeting the other teen and enjoying the activities.  Yesterday they had a scavenger hunt and today she is looking forward to a sardines game of some kind.  I am surprised with the number of teens on board.  Your daughter should find friends and have plenty of things to do.

• Like 1