What is within walking distance of the Holiday Inn Port of Miami?

RobinCruiser

I've never been to Miami, and will be staying two pre-cruise nights at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (first night we arrive about 8:00PM - after a full day of flying from Vancouver Canada). I am looking at booking a Miami city tour/Everglades airboat combo tour for the following morning - with hotel pick-up/drop off. Wondering what is around the hotel in terms of shopping, dining etc, especially to grab a bite on the first night after checking in. Is there much within walking distance? We (DH and I) will be there April 23 -25th. 

TIA. 

Robin

51 minutes ago, RobinCruiser said:

I've never been to Miami, and will be staying two pre-cruise nights at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (first night we arrive about 8:00PM - after a full day of flying from Vancouver Canada). I am looking at booking a Miami city tour/Everglades airboat combo tour for the following morning - with hotel pick-up/drop off. Wondering what is around the hotel in terms of shopping, dining etc, especially to grab a bite on the first night after checking in. Is there much within walking distance? We (DH and I) will be there April 23 -25th. 

TIA. 

Robin

Bayside is right across Biscayne Blvd. If your adventurous you can walk down Biscayne Blvd to the Mary Brickell area. Lots more shopping and  restaurants to choose from. About a 20 minute walk, maybe a little less.The Metro mover monorail is  a couple of blocks to the west of the Holiday Inn will get you to Brickell also. It’s a free ride. Miami Beach is a short a Uber ride away. Many restaurants and shopping. At night the Art Deco buildings neon lights are amazing along with the nightlife. Have fun.

Edited by skrufy
Addition
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Is there much within walking distance?

The hotel is in the middle of the urban core of one of the largest cities in the U.S. You have anything and everything you want within walking distance.

Bayside is an easy hop away with lots of dinning options. If you want something a bit more local check out Pollo Y Jarras (3-min walk) or head over to City Centre and Mary Brickell Village (15-min walk/5-min drive/10min mover ride). 

Edited by Flymia
  • Like 1

Ditto to all the above. I stayed there and loved it. Had a great view of the cruise port.

More pictures and info about the hotel here: http://cruiseportmiami.us/downtown-miami-hotels/

This image shows the neighborhood:

Map-Downtown-Miami.jpg

View from my 7th floor room:

Holiday-Inn-7th-Floor-View.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone! I had tried to google map but I guess I had a wrong setting, it didn't show much and a lady on another group gave me the impression that my hotel is sort of in the middle of nowhere and hers is in the midst of the shopping/dining district so I was wondering we were in a more industrial port area but it appears she is wrong. 

Can't wait! Only 64 days. We definitely want to try local and different foods. Last time we cruised with our kids, it was McDonald's and Subway... now it's just us and I don't want any fast food or anything we have here at home. I've heard Little Havana is a must. Anyone know if we can get there easily with public transit?

1 hour ago, RobinCruiser said:

nyone know if we can get there easily with public transit?

No. It would only be by bus. You can take a quick and cheap Uber/Lyft there. 

In Brickell, a nice walk from your hotel there are  Cuban food options.