EZAir seats “disappeared”

ProfMHC

39 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why? You are booking and getting seats through the airline when booking EZ Air. It it real time availability for flights and seats. 🤔

The OP is insinuating by the thread title that EZ Air lost the seats.

Every airline has their own policy on seats etc. Some you can reserve right away some within 24 hours of the flight and some at the airport. 

That’s why I put the “disappear” in quotes. A glitch most definitely did happen. Why and where who knows? But the booking was made through EZAir and I was certainly able to rectify it very easily through that portal.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

AA, and some other carriers as well, will not allow advance seat assignments on their website until a reservation  is in "ticketed" status, nor will they allow you to purchase extra legroom seats, etc until reservation ticketed. 

Princess typically does their ticketing 45 days prior to travel if you have booked a "flex-fare".  If the flights have been paid in full you can request early ticketing however you lose the features of the flex-fare and go to a non-refundable fare and changes are then only possible for a fee.

My AA & other airlines experiences have been different & when booking Flexible EZair flights they were ticketed & we made seat assignments.

On AA to Europe in November we booked as soon as the flights were available (about 330 days) & they were ticketed at booking & we made seat assignments.

Last month we booked flights to Quebec on Air Canada & returning on AA from FLL in October.  Both were immediately ticketed & we made free seat assignments on AA and could pay for AC seat assignments.  This May our AC flight was immediately ticketed 11 months before our flight & we have the option to pay for an advance seat assignment.  Had the same experiences on KLM including being able to pay to reserve a more room seat.

All of these recent & current Flexible EZair experiences were immediately ticketed & had seats available to reserve many months before final payment.  Airline policies determine whether payment was required to get an advance seat assignment before check-in.

If Princess pays the airlines at 45 days, my experiences have been the airlines showed our Fkexible EZair flights ticketed long before the flights & it was possible to make advance seat assignments many months before 45 days in advance.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why? You are booking and getting seats through the airline when booking EZ Air. It it real time availability for flights and seats. 🤔

The OP is insinuating by the thread title that EZ Air lost the seats.

Every airline has their own policy on seats etc. Some you can reserve right away some within 24 hours of the flight and some at the airport. 

This really does not have anything to do with why the poster lost their seat. But it is always much better to book seat assignments directly with the airline you are flying with. Much less chance for issues between computer systems communicating together. I have been booking seats for myself and others for 40 years. Trust me. Booking seats directly with the operating Airline is way better and much more reliable

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I have an issue with AA and EZAIR. Booked my flight yesterday, went onto SAS and got my seat, tried to go onto AA thru my app. I can see my flight but I cannot get my seat. Has this ever happened to anyone else with AA? Also it keeps pulling forward my BA member # and won't accept my AA one. AA tells me to go back to EZAIR to get a seat but I've never done it that way before 

Do you want your BA number in the reservation? If so tthen I would call AA for seats rather than booking seats through EZAir.

32 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

This really does not have anything to do with why the poster lost their seat. But it is always much better to book seat assignments directly with the airline you are flying with. Much less chance for issues between computer systems communicating together. I have been booking seats for myself and others for 40 years. Trust me. Booking seats directly with the operating Airline is way better and much more reliable

It works both ways.

How is it more reliable?

If you are concerned go to the airline website and confirm the seat choice you made in the EZ Air booking.

Booked many flights through EZ Air and have had none of the issues you describe.

We had our seats changed to the very back. Also, I highly recommend checking your flight schedule with the airline. We have 2 bookings and on separate ocassions on each booking, the airline didn't show us going to our final destination while Princess does. For some reason the last leg wasn't reflected through the carrier.

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It works both ways.

How is it more reliable?

If you are concerned go to the airline website and confirm the seat choice you made in the EZ Air booking.

Booked many flights through EZ Air and have had none of the issues you describe.

Good for you. Do whatever you want. Obviously you know best 😌