cheapest way to cruise with family of 5

jeanner

HI

I would like to take my family on a cruise this summer. We are two adults and 3 teens.

I have only cruised with 2 people before so I have never looked in to the types of cabins that would be most economical when taking 5 people.

I was unable to see if I could book a suite and all fit in there because they only let you see prices for 4 to a room.

I know some of you have been in this situation and I would really apprecatie the help.

We can do any type of cabin from inside all the way up. Just want to know the most econoamical way

thanks everyone

Jeanne

We are sailing on the Visions in March. We have a family of 6. We booked the Family ocean view cabin. It sleeps 6. There is a bunk area. I found it to be a lot cheaper than booking 2 cabins or a suite. I hear that they go fast. Try that one!

Currently the cheapest way is two inside ajoining cabins. The family oceanview cabins are always expencive, that is one reason that the new Freedom class ship has family inside cabins, because it is new it also is still pretty pricy. We always travel during off times and doing repo cruises. If you look at Explorer of the Seas Nov 3 from NewJersey to Miami for 9 days the cabins are cheaper and the 3rd and 4th pass are only 299. The family cabins are nice but the two inside cabins give you more square feet and two bathrooms. We never spend any time in the cabin so the insides don't bother us. I would rather do two cruises than have a balcony cabin for one.

Happy cruising

Brian J

Hi Jeanne

I agree with Brian J, we did a "family stateroom" with RCCL and 2 adjoining with Disney, the family stateroom was definately big enough.. we are a family of 5.

However ,Disney automatically gives u 2 adjoining rooms, still pay 2 adult fares and 3 kid fares.

Bathrooms were bigger on Disney and u get 2 per room standard, RCCL we only had the one bathroom/shower all in one.

Either way....take the offspring with u, they wil love it :)

Shelly

Two insides and cruising in the off season will be your best bet. Less threat of hurricanes too! We did a 11 night transatlantic and paid 37.00 a day for each of us. It was a repositioning cruise and the savings were great. When you go in the summer, the prices are higher. Not only for the sailing but, also in your ports of call. They're counting on your wallet to flow freely! Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time. Cruising is such a great experience for all, especially the children.

HI

I would like to take my family on a cruise this summer. We are two adults and 3 teens.

I have only cruised with 2 people before so I have never looked in to the types of cabins that would be most economical when taking 5 people.

I was unable to see if I could book a suite and all fit in there because they only let you see prices for 4 to a room.

I know some of you have been in this situation and I would really apprecatie the help.

We can do any type of cabin from inside all the way up. Just want to know the most econoamical way

thanks everyone

Jeanne

Jeanne:

Join us this summer on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, August 18 - 27th. We got a great group rate with more extras then I can mention here, but includes wine and cheese party for adults, gathering for the kids, cocktail party, freebies, etc. Even if you don't join us, I would vote for 2 inside adjoining cabins. We only have 4 people in our family, so could fit in a single cabin, but my kids are 13 & 15 and the second bathroom and ability to close off their room and the noise saves my sanity. The kids will love it. If you want info on the Baltimore sailing, email me at tdembek@optonline.net. If not I'd go with the 2 insides over the family suite any day and I've done both.

-DEM920:)

The Family Inside Stateroom on Enchantment was less expensive for our family of six than any two other two staterooms (including inside) on our cruise.

I'm not sure if this applies to all ships and/or cruises. The difference in price is we only pay the higher price for the first two passengers and our four kids are charged at the much lower third through sixth passenger rate.

With two cabins we have to pay the higher rate for four people (first two in each cabin.)

I will say if bathroom space is important that two rooms is better than one.

Dr. E:)

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Noticed some of you mentioned the Family Stateroom categories in this thread. Wondering if anyone who has stayed in the Inside Family Stateroom (#8015) on the Enchantment either has pictures or can describe the layout. I have it for NYE this year, but haven't been able to find much info on it yet. We are a family of 4 - H, W, S(13), D(6). We had an inside for NYE on the Sovereign last year and one bathroom was fine for us, but could have used more footage in the the room itself. Was just gonna get an inside again, but this was only $260 more than the inside when I booked, so I grabbed it. But don't know what to expect in the room.

Thanks,

Barb

My family of five will be sailing on the Enchantment on 7/27/06. We wanted a balcony, but couldn't get get connecting and it was going to be pretty expensive for two balcony cabins. I did some research and discovered that many of the suites allowed a fifth person with a rollaway, even though the computer sites didn't show it could sleep that many. We decided to go with the Grand Suite. It was a little more expensive, but we liked the additional space both in the room and on the balcony. Just another option.

Archived