Recommended Place To Stay Pre-Cruise Seattle?

The Cruiseman 1

if money is no object, stay near pier 66 and you can watch the ship arrive.  The Edgewater and Marriott.

Downtown Seattle is pretty pricey, but staying near the Seattle Center/Queen Anne area is a bit more affordable.  From this area you can walk downtown, or take the monorail from the Seattle Center.

The most affordable option is too stay by the airport.  All the major chains are represented there.  You can take the free hotel shuttle to the airport or the closest Link station then ride the Lightrail downtown; 40 minutes to the Westlake stop and about $3.  Westlake is in the heart of d'town and about a 3 block walk to the Pike Place Market.  WLake is also where you catch the monorail to the Seattle Center.

Use expedia or whichever web site to narrow down your choices based on budget, amenities, etc.  Then come back for feedback on your choices.  

Also, check out the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum as this question is frequently asked and answered there.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hilton garden inn - Seattle airport. It has a free shuttle to hotel from airport. And you can pre-arrange a shuttle pick up to the cruise terminal for a reasonable price, I believe it was like $15 one way per person (cheaper than a taxi), and it drops you right at the terminal. We stayed there before and after the cruise in July 2019. It’s a newer hotel. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly and helpful.

We like this place: 'Hyatt Regency Bellevue On Seattle's Eastside'. It's a really nice place, over the road from a very, very, nice shopping mall. Bill and Melinda sometimes shop there. You can walk from the hotel to the mall without actually going onto the street when it rains, and is cold, which is about ten months of the year.

It is also about a mile from where Bill and Melinda live. Bill is fussy. Bill doesn't tolerate minor annoyances. Bill employs people to make sure that minor annoyances don't happen in his backyard. Minor annoyances are smart enough to stay well away from Bellevue. They aren't invited.

The Marriott is literally across the street from Pier 66 so you could walk over to board the ship on departure day. It is also near numerous tourist activities, including the Pike Place Market (there is an elevator up the hill). Seattle has a lot of Uber drivers, so it's easy to catch a ride to anywhere else you would want to go around the city. 

I stayed at the Motif. It's walkable to a lot. Near a stop on the light rail from the airport. Also near the monorail that can take you down to the area around the space needle. Walkable down to the pikes and waterfront. You could even walk to the port from there if you want, though I took an uber that didn't cost much so I wouldn't have to deal with my luggage going down the hill. 

We booked a embassy suites by Sea Tac airport the Friday before the cruise and then we booked the Hyatt Regency Seattle for Saturday night before the ship leaves, its about 1 mile from the Pier, and then we booked the embassy suites again Sunday after the cruise to utilize the airport shuttle

• 2 weeks later...

So there is a new/old hotel downtown Seattle, The State Hotel, one block from Pike Place Market at the corner of 2nd and Pike.  This building had been derelict since I’ve lived in Seattle (1985) and it’s heartening to see an old building gutted and rehabbed.  The Mediterranean Inn at Lower Queen Anne is also a nice hotel, convenient to a lot of attractions (via monorail) in a very nice neighborhood commercial hub. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 11:37 PM, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

We like Cedarbrook Lodge https://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/

I get you like this hotel, but why would someone coming in "a couple days before" their cruise want to stay at the airport, well south of the city?

Cruiseman 1, it would be helpful to know your nightly budget and what your plans are in Seattle. With no budget constraints and a desire to see downtown Seattle, Pike Place Market, etc I'd say the Fairmont Olympic, a favorite of mine; the Hyatt at Olive 8 is another (for their great indoor pool); more boutique like hotels include The Edgewater, The Theodore and The State. Four Seasons is the ultimate, but usually outrageous cost relative to the others.

7 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I get you like this hotel, but why would someone coming in "a couple days before" their cruise want to stay at the airport, well south of the city?

Cruiseman 1, it would be helpful to know your nightly budget and what your plans are in Seattle. With no budget constraints and a desire to see downtown Seattle, Pike Place Market, etc I'd say the Fairmont Olympic, a favorite of mine; the Hyatt at Olive 8 is another (for their great indoor pool); more boutique like hotels include The Edgewater, The Theodore and The State. Four Seasons is the ultimate, but usually outrageous cost relative to the others.

I booked an additional day just so I could relax at this sanctuary before our cruise. There is also a quick suttle to airport which connects to rail system and you can go into the sites if you want to. I would stay there again and possible book an additional night. 

On 7/24/2020 at 4:02 PM, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I booked an additional day just so I could relax at this sanctuary before our cruise. There is also a quick suttle to airport which connects to rail system and you can go into the sites if you want to. I would stay there again and possible book an additional night. 

Have heard nothing but good things about Cedarbrook. Enjoy!