classic drink package and mugs

Andie 49

H there. I was only on one cruise before and the cruise was with Princess. We got the soft drink package and were given a drink mug with a lid we could use on the cruise for our soft drinks.This time on Celebrity we are getting the Classic drink package. I am wondering if anyone know if Celebrity gives you a mug like this?

• Like 1

I’ve only sailed on Celebrity — which, as others said, doesn’t provide a souvenir cup when you buy a beverage package — so I’m curious how this works on the lines that do provide cups. Do you have to use the same cup for every soft drink you get with your beverage package? Does that mean you have to wash the cup in your room and carry it around all the time in case you want a drink? Do you get charged  for the soda if you don’t have the special cup?

Another thing it looks like Celebrity stopped. On our first Summit cruise about 12 years or so ago, yes we did get travel mugs with a soft drink package. Back then, they attached a decal to the back of your access card and you just showed that to get your drink. After a couple of days going to the same pool deck bar the just automatically filled the mug, no question. Oh yes, I was allowed to get one without DW having to. I still have mine tucked away in a drawer.

No mugs.  If you order a soda you will get a can with a glass.   You can ask them not to open the can and take it back to your room.  We like to keep a few cans in our mini bar, which we have emptied on the first day.   

You can get a can of pop or bottle of water at any bar.

Thanks for the questions and heads up. Our last Celebrity cruise was in 2014, and we definitely got a travel mug with the soft drink package. We have plenty of Tervis and Yeti travel mugs at home, so we'll make sure to bring them along!

8 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Never seen anything on Celebrity where a Mug would come in handy for. All soft drinks are served from a can and you're given a clean glass with it.

It's great that you now get cans all the time. I used to go out of my way to the one bar that served cans. 

I used my mug for lattes and other coffee drinks, as I prefer mugs over small cups. AS I said, it's no trouble at all to just bring a couple Yetis along.

Yes that sounds like a good idea.. just bringing a couple yeti or yeti like tumblers.. got it.. I am not worried about a clean glass cause I will be sure to keep mine clean no matter whether I bring it or they give it to me. .

On 2/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, micheleata said:

No mugs.  If you order a soda you will get a can with a glass.   You can ask them not to open the can and take it back to your room.  We like to keep a few cans in our mini bar, which we have emptied on the first day.   

You can get a can of pop or bottle of water at any bar.

does getting a can mean there are no fountain sodas on board. i welcome cans because the mix in fountains is not always good.  heck even on other cruiselines the best package doesnt include cans sometimes

1 minute ago, luckyinpa said:

does getting a can mean there are no fountain sodas on board. i welcome cans because the mix in fountains is not always good.  heck even on other cruiselines the best package doesnt include cans sometimes

Unless they changed the policy again, you can only get cans with the Premium Drink Package. For Classic Drink Package, they only give fountain drinks, unless unavailable.

15 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:

Unless they changed the policy again, you can only get cans with the Premium Drink Package. For Classic Drink Package, they only give fountain drinks, unless unavailable.

Have received cans on the Classic package about half the time.

A question, should I put my Celebrity mug on EBay?

23 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:

this is super fantabulous. i never had a can on any ship. even when i was doing haven on ncl. i will feel like a king on X. especially if i can bring a few back to the room for later on. 

2 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

Spend a month on the Infinity only time the fountain was used sometimes on mixed drinks