Flying into London

chismrules

On 2/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, chismrules said:

Walk to central Station

Take Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, buy early for $11, around 15min.

Then I plan to take cab to Hub by Premier Inn Westminster Abbey at 21 Tothill St., hopefully about $10

Assuming you're OK rolling your luggage, and taking it on ESCALATORS; just take the Piccadilly Line from the airport to Barons Court, cross platform change to district line and get out at St James Park (100 yds from your hotel); and skip the HEX altogether.

Scottbee about how long would that take, I was under impression with all the stops it would take a long time. Also how much are the lines, do you pay for each one, buy a day pass? We will be there Sun. and Mon. and then Tues. morning take the train down to Southampton. Because of our location, I didn't think we would use the tube much so wasn't going to buy something like an oyster card. 

13 hours ago, scottbee said:

Assuming you're OK rolling your luggage, and taking it on ESCALATORS; just take the Piccadilly Line from the airport to Barons Court, cross platform change to district line and get out at St James Park (100 yds from your hotel); and skip the HEX altogether.

No escalators at St James’s  Park. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chismrules said:

Scottbee about how long would that take, I was under impression with all the stops it would take a long time.

I’m not Scottbee, but I can tell you that the Underground route will only take around 10 to 15 minutes longer to St James’s Park (that’s actual travel time, waiting for either a HEX train or the tube can be the determining factor). It does feel a lot longer with all the stops before you get into central London, in my opinion! 

An Oyster Card is simply a way of storing money to pay for tube journeys, or you can use a contactless debit/credit card. Either way, you are charged per journey (irrespective of changes) and a daily cap applies. By far the easiest for you, in my opinion - you are only charged for the use you make of the transport system. 

• Like 1