Car rental FLL to Port of Miami

khewston

We will be flying into FLL and cruising from Miami.  We may decide to rent a car.  What is the most convenient car rental company to pick up at FLL and return near the Port of Miami?

We'll be flying in 3 days before our cruise.

Thanks

Kathy

1 hour ago, Livetotravel2020 said:

Alamo IMO. Their prices are competitive, and they have a location in both the airport and in Port Miami. A shuttle service is provided from drop off to cruise ship. If you complete all the online checkin steps, pick up and drop off is a breeze. 

Thanks so much!

There are no car rental agencies in POM.  National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between their MIA airport location and the port.  Hertz, Avis and Budget have smaller locations close to the port of Miami and usually offer a shuttle after you return the car.

If you are staying in downtown Miami you might not want a rental car. Your hotel will likely charge you $25-30+ per day for parking, and traffic can be a mess. Uber/Lyft or taxis might be easier/cheaper.

If you rent a vehicle from FLL the closest rental car locations for the Port Of Miami for vehicle drop off are in downtown Miami. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. They provide shuttle service from their downtown locations. If you rent from Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, or Thrifty you would drop off the rental vehicle at the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center which is located directly across from the Miami International Airport. The five above mentioned companies provide free shuttle service to the Port Of Miami. The short shuttle ride takes approximately fifteen minutes. If you rent a vehicle at the conclusion of your cruise they also provide free shuttle service back to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center.

I recommend Alamo. I booked direct with them last time I needed a car at FLL. You can book a full size and will have great selection in the full size isle. 

They have a drop off right at the entrance to POM. I dropped off the other passengers and luggage at the ship, brought the rental back to the entrance at POM, then took the Alamo shuttle back to the ship. 

It could not have been easier or more convenient.

1 hour ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I recommend Alamo. I booked direct with them last time I needed a car at FLL. You can book a full size and will have great selection in the full size isle. 

They have a drop off right at the entrance to POM. I dropped off the other passengers and luggage at the ship, brought the rental back to the entrance at POM, then took the Alamo shuttle back to the ship. 

It could not have been easier or more convenient.

Are you mixing up POM (Miami) and PE (Port Everglades)?  🤔

Pretty sure Alamo does not have a drop location just outside of POM - but they do have a location outside of PE.  The free Alamo shuttles run from their MIA airport location to/form POM - I'm not aware of any downtown Miami location close to POM for Alamo that offers a shuttle to POM.