Easy peasy hotel excellent service for NYC Bliss Cruise. Park sleep cruise.

cementhands

Excellent. We’ve enjoyed our experience here at the Hilton garden inn in Ridgefield Park New Jersey. $330 for 2 including breakfast and shuttle hotel room and parking. Excellent location. Clean new hotel excellent indoor pool and hot tub. Excellent service and friendly staff. AMC theatre nearby.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, 1025cruise said:

Agreed. But I would overnight in a hotel en route, and then just park at the pier.

If you stay en route and then park at the pier it would cost you more than staying there and letting them take you to the pier. Plus the other benefit is knowing you are there and not having to travel that extra distance in the morning.  I have used this location twice and couldn't be more pleased with it.

Edited by phillyguy31
added text

8 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

If you stay en route and then park at the pier it would cost you more than staying there and letting them take you to the pier. Plus the other benefit is knowing you are there and not having to travel that extra distance in the morning.  I have used this location twice and couldn't be more pleased with it.

Not necessarily true that it'll cost more to park at the port.  Park and cruise rate for a family of 5 on our date is $762 (we need 2 rooms, they don't have rooms for 5).

We'll be paying $360 for port parking, and $130 for a single room for 5, 45-60 minutes away, for a total of $490.  That's $272 less, and more convenient also.

Yes, but coming from New England, it makes no sense to me to go all the way to New Jersey to then go back to Manhattan. And then, have to go back to New Jersey and get my car to drive home. Yes, pier parking is expensive, but its more convenient for me. I'll pay the premium. In all honesty, the one time I cruised from Manhattan, it was in June so I just left early and drove straight there. 

Totally agree that for some the cost just doesn't work, my biggest plus for me is knowing that I won't have to drive anywhere the morning of the cruise. If my car dies en route I would be in trouble, not necessarily getting to the port but making arrangements for the car. If the shuttle between the hotel and the port has issues I can get an uber and not even think twice about the vehicle.

The Hilton Garden Inn is about 15 minutes from the GWB going into Jersey is no big deal and going to the port you will almost have to go past the GWB anyway.