Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They are doing their showtime at 6pm. Most ships I’ve been on do it at 7pm.

We ate at table 644 (where you had brunch) most nights at 7 and never did see the floor show in the Vista Dining Room. 

Edited by sanmarcosman

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They are doing their showtime at 6pm. Most ships I’ve been on do it at 7pm.

Greg, are they also taking your dessert order when ordering your appetizers and mains?😎

10 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

Jeff,

Here are three pics of the Havana Pool area.  If it had been 10 or 20 degrees warmer, we would have made better use of it.  One of the neat things that I was not aware of is that every day guests in the Havana Pool area were served a frozen fruit dish with frozen melon balls and a large frozen strawberry. Enjoy your upcoming cruises.  We would have seen you and Patti again on the Mardi Gras Journeys cruise this fall had it not been cancelled.

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

Thanks again! I'm sure we'll be sailing with you again sometime in the future. Sorry for the hijack Greg. 😎

On 2/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, sanmarcosman said:

What's left of the real goose is stored in a barn in Oregon.

Actually it's in the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville. The museum is a great place to visit if you're ever out this way.  There's even an IMAX theater and water park too.  If you're a Harvest Host member you can stay in your RV overnight for free.  

1 minute ago, Itzmyn said:

Actually it's in the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville. The museum is a great place to visit if you're ever out this way.  There's even an IMAX theater and water park too.  If you're a Harvest Host member you can stay in your RV overnight for free.  

Good to know it made it out of the barn and is properly displayed. 

Just now, Jamman54 said:

I know you're happy about that. I guess we'll have to get used to it, though we're not fans.😎

It works for me cause I just wanna get in and out. The worst for me is when I’m ready to order dessert and they start their show.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I got creme brûlée but I’m going pass. It’s not looking good under that shell and I’m pretty full.

CD4AA4EA-13D8-41CF-9316-CE07FEA1AEA6.jpeg

That's a good way to put it. I tried that on the Dream last July , and the sugar was 1/4 inch thick. I literally had to lift the shell off to get tho the brule.

Anyone know about this? When I’ve had excursions with carnival at water shuttle ports we’ve met at a location on the ship and rode over together. My meeting place says to take a water shuttle 45 mins before the start time.

I mean 45 mins prior would be 11:45. I didn’t get a water shuttle ticket because I thought the tour took care of it. Priority shuttles end at 11am. So do I need to get on a priority shuttle and leave 2 hours before my tour to ensure I get there? Will there be no problem just walking out and getting on one at 11:45?

Anyone with any experience on this?

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Anyone know about this? When I’ve had excursions with carnival at water shuttle ports we’ve met at a location on the ship and rode over together. My meeting place says to take a water shuttle 45 mins before the start time.

I mean 45 mins prior would be 11:45. I didn’t get a water shuttle ticket because I thought the tour took care of it. Priority shuttles end at 11am. So do I need to get on a priority shuttle and leave 2 hours before my tour to ensure I get there? Will there be no problem just walking out and getting on one at 11:45?

Anyone with any experience on this?

We were in Cabo two weeks ago.  Tours meet at the pier where the water shuttle docks.  Our tour was not until 1:00pm, but we did priority shuttle at 10:00am and walked around the port area until tour started.  I think there should be no line by 11:45am, but if there is,  if you go to Guest Services and show your platinum card, I'm sure they can get you on the next available shuttle.  I suspect that Carnival knows that for the tours that leave this late, there should be minimal lines waiting for the shuttle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I know you're happy about that. I guess we'll have to get used to it, though we're not fans.😎

Ugh. Do NOT like this. Fortunately last month on the Miracle they still took dessert orders after dinner. But they moved Early seating to 5:30 which I thought was too early. We “suffered” through it and had a great cruise😉.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Mushroom Bisque

0AEC687B-8E93-4A45-B48A-CBA87EEF23E2.jpeg

Great review so far! Thank you for taking the time!

The mushroom soup is my favotire item on the menu. one of the 1st thing I do when I get on board is to see when it will be served and have been known to switch up specialty dinning to get the soup-  My friend thinks I am crazy but what can you do. lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

Ugh. Do NOT like this. Fortunately last month on the Miracle they still took dessert orders after dinner. But they moved Early seating to 5:30 which I thought was too early. We “suffered” through it and had a great cruise😉.

Last month on the Valor I said to the waiter, I am not sure if I will want dessert or not and I was told let him know after dinner. That is what I did every night. Wasn't a problem. 

• Like 2