Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I  actually have an offline maps app but it wasn't much help with a bunch of churches on it..none of them labeled cathedral..and me not knowing the actual name of the church. I'd still recommend mapping it out ahead of tiime.

If you do ever get back to Mazatlan, be sure to check out the Central Mercado about 2 blocks away from the Cathedral - it's a real eye opener. Especially towards the back where all the meat is sold. Needless to say, in Mexico, they don't waste a single part of an animal.

6 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

If you do ever get back to Mazatlan, be sure to check out the Central Mercado about 2 blocks away from the Cathedral - it's a real eye opener. Especially towards the back where all the meat is sold. Needless to say, in Mexico, they don't waste a single part of an animal.

Think I’ve been through a couple places like that. I’ll pass.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, riktishaw said:
38 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

9BF3DAC8-832E-4CC5-8E96-DFCC54311F7D.jpeg

I always thought they did this on the last sea day. I’m surprised to see it on a port day! 

It seems like some ships do it on a sea day and some do it on the last port day. Unless they all recently changed to the last port day. I’ve seen it both ways.

• Like 1

Some horrible bar service at the atrium. The guy working it can apparently only handle one thing at a time. He finished making a Bloody Mary for someone. Takes the order of a guy that was there before me...fine. Then he does a guy with three kids that just walked up. Then a lady that got there about 5 minutes after me. That was enough I came up to lido. First time having that bartender. It’s always been a girl down there but I’ll avoid this one.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, Saint Greg said:

This is why you don’t see kids much on this ship. Kids clubs, sky zone, arcade all together. They even have a private staircase that goes from sky zone into the arcade. All they need up there is food and you’d  never see a kid.

BC6B223B-5D60-46B1-ABFA-0BBDA4923BD9.jpeg

8DF4C8B1-B44A-4F73-9A9C-04FC7EF2A221.jpeg

FDE410B6-4384-4069-8BA9-6AB4566B40F1.jpeg

B2EEA923-D16B-41AA-B5D8-2E05C9273FF8.jpeg

9435B6F0-57C8-47BF-97A3-AF64B62167D4.jpeg

533ED51A-6B38-462F-89E1-AA4BEAC90A20.jpeg

AF0BFE3C-FF4E-4591-ACCA-43A5609E1F10.jpeg

D1C57B03-727E-433B-9F3C-6453706D529A.jpeg

My 13 year old competitive cheerleader is sooooo excited for skyzone.  

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

It seems like some ships do it on a sea day and some do it on the last port day. Unless they all recently changed to the last port day. I’ve seen it both ways.

Cruising north on the last sea day on a Mexican Riviera cruise can be VERY WINDY (and bumpy) and pretty cold as well. Especially this time of year. FYI: good chance the Lido Deck & above will be closed for the last evening. Buffet will be open, but the deck areas stand a good chance of being closed.

2 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

Cruising north on the last sea day on a Mexican Riviera cruise can be VERY WINDY (and bumpy) and pretty cold as well. Especially this time of year. FYI: good chance the Lido Deck & above will be closed for the last evening. Buffet will be open, but the deck areas stand a good chance of being closed.

I guess it is just luck of the draw. I’ve done Mexican Rivera cruises 3 times now and always had it last sea day followed by towel animal demonstration later in the day. I’ll have to keep an eye out either way in a few weeks. My 6 year old loves it. 

On 3/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, Jamman54 said:

Hey Greg! Continuing to enjoy your review. When we are on the Panorama next year, we have a Havana interior cabin (5218). Would you be able to get some pictures of this area including the Havana Bar. I know you won't be allowed outside to the pool area. Thanks! :classic_smile:

Looks like we’re both sailing the Horizon in April 2021 - and in the Havana area!  Bit the bullet and booked a Havana aft cabin, as all the interiors were booked.  You’ll love it!

See you around the pool and bar!