Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I get the frustration, I have no idea on what are talking about getting your money back.  Do you know they knew that at 10:30?  They are trying to get you on the ship and reacting to events they cannot control.   If you want to go home, go home.  

I get you Jimbo. We had a group on the Celebrity Summit out of San Juan WEEKS after Maria. OMG This message board kept our outlook alive. ( we stopped listening to negative usa media coverage) Celebrity was telling us NOTHING. We had no clue what to expect. but we kept our hopes up and a  positive attitude. The cruise line does what it does (can't blame them! Suck it up buttercup)  and we took a leap of faith. BEST cruise we ever took!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1city@atime said:

I love the Alchemy bar drinks too. Did your cheers package continue today for free or are being charged the $50 for today?

it continued. If they’re charging that’ll be a surprise. I would think we’d have to sign Up for that.

• Like 1

So for those embarking passengers who checked in earlier today and now need to get a hotel tonight, does anyone know if Carnival has finally returned their luggage?  Earlier this evening I heard Carnival as of yet hadn't returned it, but that was before Carnival made the announcement they wouldn't be embarking tonight.  

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The unfortunate thing is the people who aren’t tipping today. At least yesterday you could make an argument you autotipped. But that’s not the case today. I’m sure these guys are losing money and That only makes it worse.

0E9ACEB9-4D4E-4A95-B8D7-402670410017.jpeg

Oh man, so many losers as we work our way through this. The crews are getting lost in the coverage for sure. They are probably more vulnerable to the virus than passengers as they are living in even closer quarters for weeks on end interacting with 10s of thousands of different people as the weeks and months go by. They are taking a huge hit financially too, I am sure you are taking extra care of the ones that are serving you tonight but unfortunately not enough do the same. 

This health crises, over hyped or not is causing a lot of damage, thanks again for giving us a first hand account. I wish you were waking down Hollywood Blvd tonight, the pictures would have been amazing! 

• Like 6

Yes! If you can get off quickly things are just warming up on Hollywood Blvd and it will go all night. Well, bars close at 2:00 AM here though, that’s why they technically don’t change the clocks back until 2 for daylight savings. You would think they would gives us that extra hour of drinking once a year but no, welcome to California! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Yes! If you can get off quickly things are just warming up on Hollywood Blvd and it will go all night. Well, bars close at 2:00 AM here though, that’s why they technically don’t change the clocks back until 2 for daylight savings. You would think they would gives us that extra hour of drinking once a year but no, welcome to California! 

yeah not happening. I’ve been drinking all day. Im close to bed.  It’s after 10(12 back home). We haven’t received clearance yet. It’s an hour drive after debarkation. And I haven’t eaten dinner. May need pizza at this point.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

yeah not happening. I’ve been drinking all day. Im close to bed. And I haven’t eaten dinner. May need pizza at this point.

Yeah, plus it’s Spring forward not back, oops!  What a long day you’ve had, hope you get a refund for your hotel room tonight, it’s all over local news so should be no problem. Thanks again for sharing your ordeal/adventure, so happy it was a false alarm! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

DDB188BF-9545-44CC-B29A-A0E5744CFA45.jpeg

two brunettes...behind guy in green jacket and on the left side...I ran into them in the stairs

earlier. I’m guessing they were trained to check on guests. They asked if I was okay. In a sad voice I said no..and I really need a hug. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4