Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

According to KTLA 5 news, the people at the San Pedro port waiting to board the Royal princess are all getting mad and wanting to go home but they can’t get their luggage.  Extra security has been brought in. People are getting restless.  They also reported that it was the hospital that demanded the covid-19 test for the patient not the cdc.  They said the cdc was ok with what the medical officials on the panarama told the cdc about the patient that it was NOT Coronavirus related illness.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Assuming they DO let people off tonight....where do they all go? It's getting late to scramble for hotel rooms if flights got missed isn't it? And is Carnival helping to rebook missed flights?

I was thinking the exact same thing.  Wouldn't you hear of all the air re-bookings and hotel rooms being booked for the night for those affected if they were to be allowed to disembark tonight?

Edited by kimanjo

2 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Same here about being glued to this all day, checking for updates. I have a B2B booked and leaving April 5 on the Magic, and half the roll call is freaking out, and the other half, myself included, are going ahead and going to enjoy our cruise. 

Half my roll call doesn't even seem aware there's an issue, another quarter has cancelled, and the quarter I'm in is OMG are we gonna make it??  If that test comes back negative from the person on Greg's cruise, it feels like a win to me.  I feel like cruise ships are very unfairly under the microscope right now, and if they went to any public transportation system in the US they could probably find a positive case..but they're not focusing on that so here we are.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

I feel like cruise ships are very unfairly under the microscope right now

Respectfully, that's where they belong right now. 

The industry was allowed to self-regulate and here we are...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

Respectfully, that's where they belong right now. 

The industry was allowed to self-regulate and here we are...

Maybe so, but if that's the case, every other large public gathering and public transportation also need to be testing.  It's essentially the same set up.  Not a word there.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

Maybe so, but if that's the case, every other large public gathering and public transportation also need to be testing.  It's essentially the same set up.  Not a word there.  

No actually MANY words there. 

Look at the cancellations of many, many events.  SXSW cancelled, Geneva Auto Show Cancelled, Ultra music festival cancelled.  Thousands of companies implementing bans on international and domestic business travel.  Just because you aren't aware doesn't mean it isn't happening.  It's making major headlines and causing airline slow downs, drops in convention bookings for Chicago, Las Vegas, Orlando, etc.   Dozens more here 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/05/coronavirus-update-list-canceled-events/4950641002/

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s like they’re slowing down my internet. But I’m uploading a new video they have things planned for us all evening. It doesn’t sound like we’re going anywhere anytime soon.

Oh no. Thank you for what you are posting. 

• Like 1