Room service gratuity

cjbank

10 minutes ago, cjbank said:

What is normal tip for breakfast room service?  Or for a coffee delivery to room?

Everyone has their own opinions on what gratuity to offer, if anything.

Personally, I will offer $2 for Room Service Breakfast delivery.  If I have a traveling companion, I'd increase it by another $2.

23 minutes ago, DFWGUYZ said:

But we're the type to leave 20% at land based restaurants also.

I do as well as long as the service warrants such.

11 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

We always bring a envelope full of US $1 bills and give 2 of them for every breakfast delivery.

That is my practice as well.  I also get from my bank $2 bills for gratuity use at land based hotels in the United States.  It reduces the size of that "envelope".

1 minute ago, Gigi1977 said:

$2/3 but you have to have it ready! They are in and out quick! 

Agree!  The Stewards do not seem to expect it which, I think, is good.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

We always bring a envelope full of US $1 bills and give 2 of them for every breakfast delivery.   In Europe, we also give 2 Euro coins for breakfast delivery.   

I do the same, an envelope of small bills. I travel solo and tip $2 for breakfast or other small things. If I order a room service dinner from the dining room menu, I usually tip $5.  Gigi is right, they don't seem to expect it and, have it ready, they are in and out in a flash!!

Sue

• Like 2

I will just add - make sure you have your money out the night before because they don’t hand around and their hand isn’t out.

I either put it on the table or as @sapper1 suggested in the key card holder so it is handy to pass to them before they leave.

I always get a big smile and a thank you.  It is NOT expected but VERY appreciated.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kazu said:

I will just add - make sure you have your money out the night before because they don’t hand around and their hand isn’t out.

I either put it on the table or as @sapper1 suggested in the key card holder so it is handy to pass to them before they leave.

Bold is mine.  I will do as suggested: the night before in the key card holder. Thanks! 

I, too, bring an envelope of $1 bills and have it in hand when I open the door.  We had a Neptune suite on our last cruise and breakfast room service seemed very surprised to get a gratuity.  I have always tipped no matter the category.  The room service waiter sent a plate of chocolates to enjoy while I packed.  Very kind.  I always fill out a positive comment card for the delivery person.  We use room service every day, so our person did quite well on a 30 day cruise!

Karen 

2 hours ago, Loreto said:

The room service waiter sent a plate of chocolates to enjoy while I packed.  Very kind.  I always fill out a positive comment card for the delivery person.  We use room service every day, so our person did quite well on a 30 day cruise!

That was very kind of your room service waiter to do that.  I wish that the room service waiter who serves me is always the same person (within reason, of course).  On each of my last 2 HAL cruises, there were at least two, maybe three, different gentlemen who brought me my breakfast.